GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hrimnir

1. H

Well, it was 10 years in the coming...

But it finally happened. (apologies for the dirty car, we're in the middle of second winter here in CO). I got one teensy bit of rubbing on a hard right turn where i hit a dip. I may try to do the screw hidey mod thing. Otherwise, everything is awesome, i'm very happy. Thanks for...
  2. H

VMR V804?

Hey all. I never got around to buying any new wheels, and I'm in a position to do so. I *was* going to order the Neuspeed RSE10's i always wanted, but then i thought i'd give VMR a check and see if that had the 710FF in 18x8... They didn't, BUT i noticed the new V804 and saw that it comes in a...
  3. H

18x8.5 ET45 - Will it "poke"

Hey guys, getting real close to ordering a set of VMR v710s. I was originally going to go with the Neuspeed RSE10, but with the added cost of new TPMS sensors, its just making it too much out of my budget. I love the design of the wheels but my only concern is the 8.5" width. I'm not super...
  4. H

Tire Rack - Warning for 225/35/19 - What does this mean?

So, I'm getting close to getting the wheels/tires, and I see when I put in my vehicle year/make/model, etc, that this is at the top of the screen for any tire I select with this size: XL/RF tires required. Customer must maintain higher tire pressure levels of 42psi for proper load...
  5. H

Koni STr.T and Eibach Pro Kits - Initial impressions.

Short post, had them on the car since Saturday morning. It's been crap weather so I haven't been able to really give it the beans, however: 1. Straight line traction significantly better, very difficult to induce wheel hop, whereas with the worn out stock suspension it was extremely easy. 2...
  6. H

Last post before i order everything.

Alright guys, so im just gonna do the whole kit and caboodle at once. I've decided im going to go with the Neuspeed RSE10 at a 19x8 et45 with a 235/35/19. I'm going to pick up some koni yellows and new springs, however, I'm trying to decide between the eibach pro kit, or the H&R sports. I...
  7. H

Bilstein B12 Sportline (Tire Rack) - Question

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out which spring/shock setup im gonna end up with. General concensus is the STR.T Koni's are probably not going to be quite good enough. Obviously the Koni Yellows are popular round these parts. When I started pricing together a set of Eibach Sportlines + Koni...
  8. H

How common are boost leaks?

Hey guys. I was debating doing a stage 1 tune (10 years after buying the car new lol!), my concern was boost leaks. Being it's a 10 year old car and all, how common is that? I'd rather not waste money on a Stage 1 tune if it's all going to vent into the atmosphere and I'd rather get that...
  9. H

18's vs 19's, also tire size questions.

Sorry for the second post so recent to the first, however I figured it deserved a separate post given its a different topic. So, I am getting ready to order a set of Neuspeed RSE10s here in about a month in half. I was originally planning on 18x8 et45 to maintain stock tire size, etc, with my...
  10. H

07 GTI - Koni Yellow vs Orange? Also spring question...

First post here, appreciate any help you guys can give. I've read through a bunch of stuff and I've found a little bit of info here and there but nothing really specific to MKV's. So I figured I'd go to the experts ;-). So, after doing some research on wheel fitment, the fact that I'm going...