GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
Hammersticks
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello! What shocks would you pair with EMD springs for a 4motion Sportwagen (manual)? I read in your post that you don't recommend Bilstein b6/b8.
    Hammersticks
    Hammersticks
    Hi, per the thread I had read complaints about the EMD/Bilstein combo. I haven’t tried it myself, but honestly I’m not surprised. If you are set on EMD springs I would personally go with Koni yellows. It’s either that or stick with the stock shocks and take your chances on how long they last. I’d go with the yellows and set them to full soft or thereabouts.
    S
    S1uma1
    awesome. thanks. I also considered KW sport comfort when time comes to replace the shocks. Any experience with those coilvovers?
    Hammersticks
    Hammersticks
    No, but there have been some positive reviews on the street comforts. I'd reach out to guys that have them and get their opinion, and check out this thread
    Good morning and Happy Holidays to you. Wanted to reach out to you as I have pulled the trigger on some suspension upgrades and as it is, they are identical to your current setup: koni sports, H&R OE Sports...

I am also putting in new strut bearings and OE strut mounts along with some TT mk2 spacers to address reverse rake.

That all said, I wanted to thank you for your time posting here as your input has made a difficult process much easier. I am a picky guy and would be crushed to spend some serious coin only to not get what I wanted. Second, I wanted to see if there was any other insight I should be aware of moving forward. I am not doing the install myself but have a good shop that I will take it to for the install. Any points I should be specifically asking about to ensure a good install? Appreciate any advice or experiences you can share.

Aaron
    Hammersticks
    Hammersticks
    Sorry, just seeing this now. I think all turned out okay? Or at least I hope?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…