GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hamad990

1. H

Can I drive with an upgraded downpipes before getting an ecu tune?

ROH ECHT So I replaced the Downpipes but I also had to disconnect the downstream O2 sensor, because it seems that someone attempted to put it on/remove it before and stripped it. So now I've got code P0036, and was wondering if its still ok to drive it in that condition until I get the new...
  2. H

Oil Leaking from turbo area of engine

ROH ECHT Finally managed to replace the valve cover and breather tube gasket and managed to stop the leak. I also used hose clamps to replace the zip-ties, is that a suitable option? I like the fact that they're a lot more practical than those stupid VW clamps that are so hard to move around.
  3. H

Needing help with P2187 Too Lean at Idle code

Weixb is this the part your referring to? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/breather-tube/06f103213n/ If so, then I wouldn't know if this would cause the code to pop up; my only experience with it is that it was leaking oil, since it was held on one end with zipties. As...
  4. H

Rear Wiper Does Not Work (2007 BPY)

GTI's And I have to do the testing at that pin right? Cause I was trying to take off the rear hatch panel and just could not do it. So im gonna try again after tomorrow when I have more time and its a bit warmer outside (It's getting to cold to work on the car these days so at this point im more...
  5. H

Weixb Try putting back the original N80, and see if that still triggers the code. To be honest if you don't really know when it was last replaced then it doesn't really hurt to do so, the PCV is like $60 on ECS for an OEM one and less for an after market branded one. Another suggestion that...
  6. H

Ok, I'm not good with wiring and electricity, but I'll see what I can do. Also what tools will I be needing to find out if the issue is being caused by the pin you mentioned?
  7. H

GTI's It shows up as activated when I flick the switch, and I tried it as well without using the fuse (which is ok BTW) and nothing changed. Could it just be the motor that needs replacing?
  8. H

Did not look at the fuse, but my OBDELEVEN did not give me any codes related to the wiper anyways. As for the other functions it’s only the wiper that stopped working. Washer nozzle, tail lights, and hatch opener (or whatever it’s called) all work
  9. H

Hello, I've been having trouble with getting my rear wiper to work, and since winter is coming soon I thought I should look into it. I don't really know much about what could be the cause but here's some things I noticed - The wiper does not work, but the washer fluid works, not sure if they're...
  10. H

Check your PCV itself, there might be something wrong with it, I had a similar issue a while back and it turned out the PCV failed and needed replacing. I'll link something ROH ECHT told me, and a picture to show you how to test it. If you can breath into it then the PCV will need replacing
  11. H

Oil Leaking from turbo area of engine

ROH ECHT Everything was torqued according to the Bentley manual, but it turned out to be leaking from the rear breather tube, from the top and maybe the bottom (there was a lot of wetness in that area but it may just be the oil from the top making its way down there). The breather tube was held...
  12. H

Timing Belt Question

GTI's so I looked at the timing belt and it seems to be in good condition, I don't see any weird kinks, cracks, or tearing. So I'll still be replacing it before winter, but can I assume it'll be ok for me to drive it until then?
  13. H

2007 TFSI Idling Roughly, and Revving On Its Own

vwengineer Yeah it did turn out to be the pcv. I replaced it with a genuine VW one, but the diaphragm on the new one must've torn apart, cause I can easily breath through it, which I was told by roh echt, is something I shouldn't be able to do. So for the meantime, I put the old one back on...
  14. H

2007 TFSI Idling Roughly, and Revving On Its Own

Brigand Thank you! I already found the issue, but I'll keep that in mind for the future
  15. H

Timing Belt Question

GTI's Ok, I'll do it later today when its a it warmer outside, thanks.