GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gti2slow

1. gti2slow

Any DM K04+ users still out there?

Anyone know what became of DM? Is Bronson back with APR?
  2. gti2slow

Any DM K04+ users still out there?

Still here running DMs K04+ tune. Also still on windows 10, you can use virtualbox or vmware player and use a USB passthrough to swap tunes.
  3. gti2slow

Blown koni's, time for new coilovers. Are PSS10's streetable?

I think my Koni coilovers are just about done. I'm looking for a streetable upgrade, I have a modest drop and am more interested in performance than being a stance boi. I have heard the PSS10's are compliant at lower settings, I was also looking at H&R clubsports but have heard they are not...
  4. gti2slow

Subframe mounts for the Dogbone...without removing the subframe to install.

I think they were the OEM for racingline. The mount I have is very similar.
  5. gti2slow

Charge pipes for K04

I am using an APR K04, they eliminated the muffler and have a hose that connects between their outlet and the OEM K03 pipe. In order to use a larger diameter pipe I would have to figure out some custom pipe that will work with APR's outlet.
  6. gti2slow

Charge pipes for K04

Why would you cut off the rolled edges, are the neuspeed pipes too long?
  7. gti2slow

Charge pipes for K04

Hot side is fine, its using the APR turbo muffler delete hose going into the stock alloy pipe. On the cold side I have a forge TB coupler connected to a S3 charge pipe and that is connected to a Eurojet intercooler coupler. Things were fine for years but I seem to be popping hoses off either...
  8. gti2slow

Charge pipes for K04

I keep popping couplings on the stock charge pipes, they may just be getting worn out. I was looking at the Neuspeed pipes, are they worthwhile, is there another brand that's doing it better? Will they work with a APR K04 and a EJ FMIC?
  9. gti2slow

My second build on my 08 GTI

Awesome, looking forward to seeing your build getting driven the way you intended.
  10. gti2slow

MFD replacement options

It looks like my MFD is starting to go, every now and then I will have a dead line of pixels or a corner get dim. Ive been searching the forums for a OEM+/Upgraded MFD. Is there anything that is plug and play simple?
  11. gti2slow

Trunk seal replacement

Some doofus loaded a large box into the back of my car and ripped up the hatch seal. I have a replacement but it looks like the original is glued in? Anyone replace theirs? What did you use to stick it back on?
  12. gti2slow

Driver Motorsport no more?

Seems like their never updated website and social media are AWOL. Any news on if the company is really gone and if Bronson is still tuning?
  13. gti2slow

CRC GDI cleaner

I've used CRC GDI stuff as well as Seafoam annually using a spray nozzle through the IAT port. I have had good results when done on an engine at operating temperature and with a heatsoak. I have not saved any borescope shots after my last cleaning but this dudes video really is similar to my...
  14. gti2slow

Vibration on deceleration after installing poly engine mounts.

I have BFI stage 1 engine and trans mounts and a ECS dogbone insert. I noticed that sometimes while decelerating that I will have harsh vibrations while passing through the 3,000 rpm range, this is from the engine as as soon as I engage the clutch or gas it instantly goes away. Is this normal...
  15. gti2slow

Forge silicon throttle body hose

Anyone use one? How is fitment? My stock hose is looking pretty beat and it's time for a new one. Any recommendation for what clamps to use?