GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gladdyppp

1. G

Instrument cluster light

It's too dim during the day! I can't see gauges without turning my headlights on 🥴. Anyone know a fix to keep backlight on 24/7?
  2. G

Old mysteries with this FSI

Sheesh man. How long have you had this start up issue? I wonder if it's been brought up to VW back then...
  3. G

Old mysteries with this FSI

Ever since I checked my cam follower, cold starts have been long and sometimes refuse to start the first crank. Ive checked the cf, maybe I put it on wrong, even replaced it. Still rough startups throughout the day. I've read old threads trying to pinpoint the issue here. People have...
  4. G

Very hard cold starts

Reviving this thread... Bc ever since I checked my cam follower, startups like this began to occur. Checked the cam again, even replaced it, to see what I did wrong the first time, still start up weird. Not sure man
  5. G

Cyclic noise near both belts

I'll check these things once I do further inspection
  6. G

Is that safe? Lol
  7. G

Recently changed serpentine. But it could also be timing related. What could this be? *** Been trying to upload a video but wouldn't let me smh
  8. G

Accessing downpipe bolts

Trying to get an idea before I start so I can save time... What's the best way to access downpipe bolts? Top or underneath car? How did you do yours?
  9. G

Catalytic converter

Started a Convo with you. Left my phone number, pls reach out. It would be a mission, I'm in Sac.
  10. G

California residents, please help me

I've ran out of ideas. I bought a 2007 GTI from Nevada. It has a catless downpipe. OE cat is $1900 :/... How else can I smog? Does anyone have a stock exhaust donor?! Please!
  11. G

Another cam follower

When installing the cam follower, does it matter which position the cam lobe is in? I believe when I put mine back in, it wasn't completely on the flat side. My car cranks long and has hard starts sometimes, and I wonder if it something with the fuel pressure, or just as sumple as a battery...
  12. G

Catalytic converter

Ooooweee. Lord help my finances.
  13. G

Catalytic converter

I need to install a cat in my 2007 GTI to pass smog in CA! Anybody got a link of a part? Can't seem to find them easily.
  14. G

Y'all know this part?

Hmm good suggestions. Its been driven months with the hole. Do you think the system needs some flushing?u
  15. G

Y'all know this part?

Oooooff bro... That thang expensive