GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gijoewoz

1. G

Snowboarders....Need Boot and Binding Recommendations

For boots, try on several, and talk to the staff about fitting. Taking your time to select boots will pay off long term, don't get too focused on a specific brand, find something with the best fit.
  2. G

Compartment filter

Replace the filter, and get into the habit of turning the AC off and leaving the fan on for a minute as you pull up to your destination. These cars will get funky with the AC, but if you run the fan it seems to dry the ducts out and minimize the smell.
  3. G

Grocery shopping for broke people

Riceburner is the only person to mention the most important cheap food. Potatoes. Compared to ramen, and many of the other things mentioned, potatoes are the least expensive way to get NUTRITIOUS food. There's a thousand ways to prepare potatoes. Potatoes, rice, grains, and beans are...
  4. G

Left Lane Campers

I too pass quickly. I call it actively passing. It shouldn't be a passive thing where you slowly creep up next to someone, if you are going to pass do it decisively with a purpose, then move back to the right.
  5. G

Left Lane Campers

Don't be polite, be predictable. If you are in the left lane, even when it's perfectly legal to be there, please don't pace the car to your right. As I said before, in Colorado the left lane law is only in play on highways with a speed of 65mph or higher, however the logic still applies to...
  6. G

Left Lane Campers

In Colorado, it is very clear that police are the only ones who can enforce this, civilians are not allowed to play hero and obstruct the flow of traffic because they don't like how fast another car is going. The law requires them to move right if they aren't actively passing.
  7. G

Left Lane Campers

This can be a tricky question. In Colorado, the left lane passing law is only when the posted speed limit is 65mph or higher, and when the volume of traffic allows for passing. If you are driving 65mph in the right lane, catch up to someone moving slower, it is perfectly acceptable to speed up...
  8. G

Left Lane Campers

People don't understand that in order to merge safely you need to match the speed of the cars in the lane they're merging into. Maybe I was just lucky and was taught how to drive by someone who actually cared, but stuff like this seems so obvious to me.
  9. G

Left Lane Campers

They seem to think that it only applies to the stretch of road that has the signs. What we need to do is require people to re-test for their license every 5 years, and make that test even more difficult. You know, actually force them to learn the rules in order to obtain the privilege of driving.
  10. G

Left Lane Campers

The second part of the problem is that people merging think that they have the right away. This forces people in the right lane to adjust their speed to allow people in. This trickles down and causes issues for everyone in the right lane. The person merging is responsible for merging, it is...
  11. G

Left Lane Campers

It's the law here in CO too, but it's not easy at all to enforce, and the problem has to be resolved through education, not enforcement. Most people don't even know that they are breaking the law, and the ones who know just don't care. From an enforcement perspective, the only way to catch...
  12. G

Dogs

Haha, I know, right? What a sad deal that was.
  13. G

Dogs

This is Sullivan. Gus Gus was the happiest dog in the world, but he's no longer with us.
  14. G

The classy alcoholics thread

That poor Balvenie looks to have been abandoned, that's one of my favorites! The Basil Hayden's is excellent too, their dark Rye is delicious! Has anyone tried the Redwood Empire stuff? I had their Emerald Giant Rye, and it didn't last long at all!
  15. G

The classy alcoholics thread

Correct. I won't hijack a lovely whiskey thread, and turn it into a wine thread, but Garnacha (Grenache) is a grape that is used a lot in Rioja wines. It's fruity, but not sweet, and relatively transparent compared to bolder reds. It is not a rose, but is used as a blending grape with a lot...