GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by GIACUser

1. GIACUser

Is FMIC worth it?

I guess in order to answer the question need to hear what you expect it to do for you.
  2. GIACUser

Introductions thread (Part 2)

Congratulation on your purchase, This forum is rich in general info that you can use but in case you haven't joined the GolfMK7 forum, make sure you do to get information on your particular model as this forum is for the MKV which is primarily from 2006 - 2009. Enjoy your MK7. also for your TDI...
  3. GIACUser

My second build on my 08 GTI

I am still searching for a shop to pull and fix motor. Had a line on a shop in Anaheim but they are already overbooked. Anybody have any SoCal recommendations?
  4. GIACUser

Some of the carnage when I dropped my 35 dollar iphone scope in to take a look. Couldn't see the walls with the angle viewer but it all needs to come apart. You can see where the bits of the melted spark plug dropped onto the piston and welded itself there..
  5. GIACUser

FS: Brake Pads F/R for Brembo 18z calipers (Hawk HPS)

New price 150.00 shipped for the full set
  6. GIACUser

FS: Hawk Blue 9012 brake pads - for Brembo 18z front calipers

Anybody ? - 80.00 shipped to lower 48
  7. GIACUser

Thread on Audiworld - selling new RS3 master cylinder for 200

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/parts-sale-201/fs-tt-rs-brake-master-cylinder-booster-2986708/ Just thought I would point it out since I paid 400 for mine. I used this type of Master Cylinder when going with the big Brembo 18z brakes front and rear. Using stock Master Cylinder with these...
  8. GIACUser

Finally ready to get this thing back on the road. I believe I have found a proper engine guy to fix whatever was broken by the plugs. So the project will be restarted. This time I have decided to go street legal. I just can't bring myself to give up on the project till finished.
  9. GIACUser

CA emissions

Stay plain K04 and you will have a solid experience, the HPA kit for the MKV seems solid and well priced as you can get turbo, some install bits, tune and their install tool so you can install the tune yourself for 2400. Just stay away from the HPA intake manifold, not necessary and will detract...
  10. GIACUser

CA emissions

Wow - a new APR hpfp for 100 bucks, that is more like a gift since they cost nearly a grand new. You have done well indeed! If you can get residence established in one of those exempt zip codes that would be the ticket.
  11. GIACUser

Looking for recommendations for SoCal shop - that can R&R motor and repair internal damage

As the title says I am looking for recommendations. My built motor ate a couple of spark plugs and need a competent shop that can take motor out, open it up and repair it. I am located in the Inland Empire area but ok with traveling 100 miles out. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
  12. GIACUser

CA emissions

If by stage 3 you mean K04 you can still pass emissions with it and a bit of work every 2 years. I ran K04 for many years passed smog the last 2 times. There are some other past discussions on how to pass in CA. My car was 335whp and it moved quite well. The cost of doing this and getting the...
  13. GIACUser

Tuner left the PFR7's that were fine for the 91 octane tune but didn't switch to colder plugs when he tuned it for methanol. Looks like my son can't take car, so I am going to have to take care of it myself. The thread continues. I think I am going to put this thing back on the street and just...
  14. GIACUser

Dsg tune help

Yes you can mix them. I have had 4 different ECU tunes with 4 different TCU tunes. ECU - GIAC x2, DM and custom Eurodyne x2 TCU - GIAC, Unitronic and custom DSG