GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GIACUser

1. GIACUser

FS: GIACuser selling his "roller" big turbo build

Thanks, I doubt anyone will buy it whole, so I expect to be taking it all apart. Probably will take motor and trans out to repair before sale. Hoping to find a new trans case for not too much and will take motor down to check block and replace the pistons (2) that got the spark plug bits welded...
  2. GIACUser

My second build on my 08 GTI

I will be fine. I hope. Should I be worried (separation anxiety) .... Ha No its just a car. Like I said, I don't generally believe in "signs" but damn this project has been beating me over the head saying let go, for a long time. Time to let it go. Really hoping someone would buy it as is and...
  3. GIACUser

Anyone Use the Signal App?

I don't have a need for nor do I use encrypted communications apps but Signal app seems like a good choice for an average user. There are always trade-offs in implementation and Signal does provide their services centrally which creates an ability for them to respond to legal requests and...
  4. GIACUser

Who has/had COVID?

I think that is a question you see asked a lot. Also I would implore folks to carefully consider where they are getting their medical information. Don't accept what you see on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube as credible news without doing your homework and checking in with other sites like FDA, John...
  5. GIACUser

Yes it was the plan but this whole project just has not worked out for me. The bolt through the trans killed any desire I have to go at it again. I have the money to go at it again but just not the will. I put it up for quick sale on forum for 10K as it sits, if no member is interested I will...
  6. GIACUser

Who has/had COVID?

Should not consider the "study" as likely. This is all too new for anyone to conclude you will be immune for years, especially considering the virus is mutating. Also I am going to get vaccinated as soon as it is available. While this virus like other viruses is hardest on older folks or folks...
  7. GIACUser

FS: GIACuser selling his "roller" big turbo build

Hi All, Hope everyone is safe and using the time at home to get cars ready for spring track season! 2 years ago I decided to take my K04 2008 setup down at 73,000 miles to do a complete build, including forged motor, refresh the DSG which already had LSD. Wanted around 500whp track car. So the...
  8. GIACUser

Here is what it looks like, all bolts missing and a big hole in the trans case. As I mentioned most of the car only has 200mi on it, you can see how clean this is and I didn't wipe it off or anything.
  9. GIACUser

Implementation of Data Caps for Home Internet

Well put. Your download speeds are indeed affecting by the traffic between you and the server you are accessing. As well any given service would have a max amount of connectivity it has to share between the number of folks connecting to it. It is one of the reasons why you see speeds fluctuate...
  10. GIACUser

Well they are not advertising that you will see the "up to" speeds on a single computer, that really is not how things work on the internet. Currently the biggest bandwidth hogs would be streaming 4K gaming or video. They can require a connection up around 35+mbps in the extreme. So why do I...
  11. GIACUser

Just FYI, a provider can only provide the advertised speed for data on their own local area network and almost all the things you do come from beyond their network. Here is sample text from Mediacom which is much the same as other local providers. This is the text and there is even more...
  12. GIACUser

Well got car running, took trip around the hood, coasting home 25mph just taking it easy I hear all kinds of clanging and racket. Bolts on my driver side axle (at the trans) came loose and one of the bolts put a 1in hole in the trans case. Doh! Look for a lot of parts for sale in a month or so...
  13. GIACUser

Home Depot impact wrench deal

I was looking for an inexpensive cordless 3/8in impact wrench on Home Depot website. Found the Rigid 3/8 with battery and charger for 179.00. As I was going down the page there was some small very light text that I would normally pass over but I ran my mouse over it while scrolling and the...
  14. GIACUser

DSG Tune Comparison Help

I have run GIAC and Unitronic DSG Stg 2 and Stg3 tunes with my K04 setup, all really felt like the D mode was set for power curve of a K03, which makes you feel like under light throttle it is shifting too early. If you have big interest in getting D mode to act a certain way, probably best to...