GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by fungist

1. F

Charcoal canister supposed to suck in air?

Hi. Im playing around with a evap code "incorrect flow" paired with a lean at idle. The nipple right under the cap/head of charcoal canister sucks tons of air in. Having high idle 1.1k, rough and stutter. My trims are: stft 5% ltft 9% I figured that when i block the nipple my idle gets back...
  2. F

[Warning!] This is what cold weather can do to your engine

Hi im sharing my experience as a headsup/warning for anyone driving in cold climate, or worse, arctic climate. This was spotted by a mechanic seeing things like this happen before, and after i checked my engine i could confirm what he explained. If you drive in cold weather pay close...
  3. F

Lean at idle = limp mode? (scans and logs)

hi, been a bit confusing lately about this issue and i just thought about something right before i wrote this which i want thinking on earlier. ive had boost problems no boost at all or little. i had my dv replaced no worries there. so i had lots of ugly flutter too, and got my N75 replaced...
  4. F

Mk5 rain light sensor

Just started woundering a bit since ive seen many cars having handy features using the light sensors to automatically turn off high beam when meeting a car during night. Also they run with Drl+fogs that auto switches to low beams when entering a tunnel and back to drl when out in daylight again...
  5. F

GTI, check engine, missfire and lean vagcom log after cam follower swap

Hi i recently had a few check engines lights that i removed with vagcom. the code came back a few days later but isnt appearing too often: NOTICE: before i cleared the code, the car was idling at 1100rpm. (the rpm logged under here was at the moment the code popped, car idled high after that...
  6. F

Horrible cold start noise

Solved! Mechanic instantly spotted the problem when listening to the video. Its the starter that doesnt release after startup, stuck in grease. He will have it cleaned and re-greased next week. This issue wasn't uncommon and if not fixed it will slowly burn the starter...
  7. F

GTI not getting warm, thermostat replaced

Hi. Its winter over here, yesterday it was -18c. Today its -7c. Even at days with just -1c right at the freezing point my engine doesnt seem to get The right operating temp. But first lets travel 2 months back in time: My check coolant lamp came on. I had to top the coolant level. It was...
  8. F

2.0t FSI doesnt sound healthy..

Hi. I know, many topics about this. Still, there is many components in an engine. Anyone familiar with these engines could point out what to look for in my case. I had it at local mechanic to get wheel bearings replaced. He mentioned that the engine should not sound like this. Its making me...
  9. F

Help troubleshoot turn signal issue

Hi. I bought my Mk5gti two weeks ago and knew about a few issues, that im looking to fix. Im naming a few of them here just to see if they may be related to each other. -Huge boost leak (having it fixed soon as i bought a new DV valve. according to google its likely to have failed as my car...
  10. F

Ditching the 4" ?

Hi. question about the 5door mk5. EU, LHD, 3Way system speakers. Im thinking of upgrading my front door speakers. I have a 4 channel amp that i will bridge into two channels which allows me to run a 150wrms per channel (when bridged). Its actually a 90x4 amp, but i had some problems with it...