GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Fsuroxu

1. F

Mk5 doors

I have a 2008 GTI 4 door, and I had a run in with a deer last weekend and now I need to replace the passenger front door. Are the doors on a 2 door the same? I have found a 2 door parts car, will the door fit?
  2. F

Getting several fuel codes at once

I will have to do that on my next day off. Thanks so much for the info.
  3. F

I replaced the follower about 15,000 miles ago. Should it be time for another one already?
  4. F

MK6/7 Seats in MK5??

All airbags should work except the seat bags. Light is on in the dash.
  5. F

FSI, and P2293 popped first I think. Haven't looked up on RossTech yet either.
  6. F

How are your motors holding up to high mileage?

I have 184,000 on an 08 GTI. Still my daily and I drive it over 200 miles a day. She was perfect until a deer hit me last Friday night...Im so pissed!!
  7. F

blinker socket

I dont have vcds so I can only change the value of both lights. The side marker setting on Carista did the trick. They are now set to 50 percent. Thanks again for the info. I am having another issue if you dont mind helping. I have started a thread but havent gotten any replies. I am getting the...
  8. F

blinker socket

I do have Carista. I will check the range for that bulb. Thanks for the info.
  9. F

blinker socket

08 GTI so it has hid's. I am using fog lights as my DRL's.
  10. F

Im getting the following codes in my 08 GTI simultaneously: P2177 system too lean off idle P0087 fuel rail system pressure too low P0171 system too lean bank one P2293 fuel pressure regulator 2 performance Any idea what is going on? Car runs strong and idles perfectly. Only condition is car...
  11. F

MK6/7 Seats in MK5??

I have 2013 Jetta seats in my 2008 GTI. everything plugs in the front except airbags. The backs of the back seats bolt in but the the bottoms in back have a different attachment system. Mine are just sitting in there but they dont move around. I have a friend who weighs about 450 and he sits in...
  12. F

blinker socket

Driver side blinker socket melted and I needed headlights anyway so I replaced the headlight housings and now after about a month it is melted again. Passenger side has no problems.
  13. F

DSG Fluid - To Change, or Not to Change?

The Pentosin kit is $105 on Amazon and it takes about 2 hours (including cooldown time). If you can change your oil, then you can do this. Easy peasy!