GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by frankiebason

1. frankiebason

Steering wheel/floor/pedal vibration at highway speeds (65mph+)

Hi all, dealing with some vibration issues at highway speeds. Car is a 2008 MK5 GTI, lowered on airlift slam series bags, 150k on the clock, running Alzor 18x8.5 wheels. Car started vibrating sporadically at speeds over 65mph, it would be a rough vibration that shakes the entire car which would...
  2. frankiebason

Need Help - coolant leak from where metal hardline meets thermostat housing!

Hi all! As the title states, I have a pretty massive coolant leak coming from the middle port of the thermostat housing - a metal hardline that makes a left 90 degree turn. The hardline is secured with an o-ring inside the thermo housing and a t30 screw to the left of it holding it in place...
  3. frankiebason

JOM Coilovers Sitting Uneven? (Front Passenger Higher than the Rest)

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. About 6 months back, I ordered and installed a set of JOM BlueLine Coilovers from Modded Euros on my MK5 GTI ('08). Install went flawless, and I've spent A LOT of time trying to dial my fitment in. I mean - A LOT. I'm running into one repeated...
  4. frankiebason

Need some help with Coilovers :(

Hi guys! Let me just start things off by saying I'm new here, so if this thread is in the wrong section or anything like that, I apologize in advance. I simply cannot figure out what's going on with my MK5, and I decided to turn to forums to (hopefully) get a better understanding here. For...
  5. frankiebason

Coilovers Won't Go... Lower? (Need Advice :/)

:help: Hi guys! Let me just start things off by saying I'm new here, so if this thread is in the wrong section or anything like that, I apologize in advance. I simply cannot figure out what's going on with my MK5, and I decided to turn to forums to (hopefully) get a better understanding here...