GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by FIJIParisi

1. FIJIParisi

FS: 32gb iPhone 3gs

For sale: 32gb Black iPhone 3Gs, jailbroken, unlocked on 4.2.1 I would classify this phone as mint/near mint condition. It has had a screen protector on it for as long as I have had it. It will run on any GSM carrier anywhere in the world ( I currently use it on Tmobile USA) and I can pre-load...
  2. FIJIParisi

STI Semi tow

Just stumbled upon this... possibly a repost, but I haven't seen it yet... http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/20/behold-the-power-of-subaru-wrx-sti-tows-semi-out-of-snow/#continued I suck at the process of embedding, but if anyone can do so that would be cool...
  3. FIJIParisi

Time for new tires...

Just putting a feeler out there for tires you guys have gotten when your OE tires went bald... I am proud of them for sticking it out through 22k miles, but it is definitely time for new. I have been browsing tirerack's ratings, etc... Honestly it seems like some of the tires have close...
  4. FIJIParisi

No boost after 6th gear pull...

This is the 2nd time in the life of the car that this has happened... Once around Jan 08, and once yesterday. Both times we a similar scenario - driving on the highway around 70 and i needed to get around someone (yesterday it was a truck dropping pieces of busted up cars) so i floor it, get up...
  5. FIJIParisi

APR Stage 1 Fuel cut?

So, I was driving on friday night to pick up a friend from the airport and under full throttle in 2nd gear I lost power for about 1 second somewhere around 5k rpms and threw a CEL. I finally got my neighbor to read it with his OBDII scanner things and it came up with two codes. Both were...
  6. FIJIParisi

I'm tired of feeling like an idiot...

It finally got to me today...and I have a confession to make: I don't understand this whole rim/wheel sizing, etc... especially the 35et, 40et, whatever business... 5x112 i kinda get... its our bolt pattern, but what exactly is the difference between that and say a 5x110... do the last three...
  7. FIJIParisi

Tons of phone calls = harassment?!?!

I LIVE in Orlando and I have been getting calls for a week from a company in Orlando offering me a free Orlando vacation. I have asked numerous times very politely and a couple of times not so politely to be removed from whatever list or computer system that they have me in but no luck so far...
  8. FIJIParisi

Do we have a lightweight wheels list?

Just as the title says, do we have a lightweight wheels list for the MKV compiled? I'm sure that there are at least a few of you out there who may want to upgrade your MKV's shoes but do it in a way that will help overall performance... I've been roaming around TireRack all morning and all...
  9. FIJIParisi

Stg 1 vs modded v6 Tiburon

Man... I was at a light behind this guy today making a left and I didnt think anything of it when he and his loud ass exhaust revved a little extra when the light turned green... I short shifted 1-2 as you would normally do not trying to waste gas but when we hit he "apex" (just saying that...
  10. FIJIParisi

Oil change by date or miles?

Simple question that I just wanted to get everyone's opinions on: Should I do my 10k oil change at 10k or this month as noted on my little oil change sticker? I am only just now a little over 7k miles and I've had the car for about 9 months now... (stupid 10k a year lease is keeping me in...
  11. FIJIParisi

GPS recommendations?

Ive been doing some research and just cant seem to pinpoint what im looking for... so im looking for some recommendations... what do you have? why do you like it? are there specific features you think I shouldn't live without? are there certain features I should just avoid?
  12. FIJIParisi

vw. older Acura TL

long story short: the guy in the TL does a ricer flyby in a 40 mph zone when im already going 50 and we just happened to hit the next light together. He spent the entire light staring at my GTI so I figured I'd show him up if he launched hard... Of course on green he went for it so I did too...
  13. FIJIParisi

Poor gas mileage lately?

So i am coming up on 5k miles (actually going to get my 5k service tomorrow at ~4600 miles) which could possible be the reason but I have been getting some bad gas mileage the past 1k miles or so... in the beginning of driving my GTI (my first sporty car AND my first manual) i was getting...
  14. FIJIParisi

Cost from stock to Stg 2 APR...

Just a few Q i couldnt find on APRs site... Stg 1 is 599 (499 with discount at the local shop) but what is the cost from stg1 to stg 2? what exactly does APR stage 2 require? What I really want is just a DP and software... do i HAVE to buy an intake? Im not looking to have a loud monster...
  15. FIJIParisi

stock vs 350z?

I know there are tons of these threads, but why revive one to post my experience/question... lol today.. driving down a fairly popular road (cars all over) after a heavy rain (wet as hell) i end up at a light with a white 350z... still had paper tags... light goes green, he takes off... im...