GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Eric6014

1. Eric6014

WTB: Tinted Tail Lights

Thanks. I'm looking for the dark tinted ones. I've got them on my car now, but one of them needs to be replaced.
  2. Eric6014

WTB: Tinted Tail Lights

I have the OEM US spec tinted tail lights on my car. The outer driver side plastic is cracked. Looking for a replacement, but the only ones I've seen in stock are on ECS for $$$. I only need the outer drivers side, but I'll buy the whole set if anyone is looking to offload them.
  3. Eric6014

Anyone ever heard of this shop?

https://www.islandsportworks.com/intake-carbon-cleanings/ Came across these guys in a search but never heard of them. I'm looking to get my valves cleaned. I just past 100K recently and they've never been done so I'm sure it's long overdue. If anyone has any other recommendations in the area...
  4. Eric6014

MkV 2.0?

Too bad we don't get the polo here cause I'd be all over this: http://www.caradvice.com.au/544839/2018-volkswagen-polo-gti-to-use-old-golf-gti-engine-report/ Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  5. Eric6014

Aftermarket Cam Follower?

Has anyone used any of the non OEM cam followers on ECS? I'm tired of paying $50 every time. Wondering if they're any different.
  6. Eric6014

Rough Starts

This past weekend I swapped out my cam follower, changed the oil, did a coolant flush and replaced the coolant temp sensor. Everything seemed fine after the flush, sensor and follower were replaced. After I changed the oil I started the car and it was bucking and hesitated to start for a...
  7. Eric6014

What is this screw?

I was replacing my coolant temp sensor today and when I was cleaning up the coolant I spilled I found this screw sitting on top of my transmission... Anyone know where it might be from?
  8. Eric6014

Got a CEL yesterday. Help please.

CEL came on last night. P2181, Cooling system performance fault. I don't have vag-com but did a scan with the torque app and this is the only code that came up. Anyone know whether there might be any other codes that torque is not able to see? As far as the P2181, did some searching, seems...
  9. Eric6014

No More VW?

Anyone see this? Pretty pathetic. They need to get their shit together... http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-11/vw-toys-with-giving-up-the-u-s-mass-market-and-dealers-fume
  10. Eric6014

WTB: Drivers side mirror

Had my drivers side mirror knocked off by a garbage truck... Need the heated mirror glass and signal cover. Looking for either a clear signal cover for the drivers side or a set of smoked ones...
  11. Eric6014

MKVII Clubsport

Anyone see this? Everything I've read so far indicates that the Edition 40 will not be available in the US but this article seems to point to the contrary. Not sure how much CNET can be trusted, but if it's true I could be tempted to trade up from my MKV...
  12. Eric6014

Fog bulb replacement

I've got a couple bulbs out so I'm planning to do a refresh on them all. Anyone know how to tell whether I've got the projector fogs or standard ones?
  13. Eric6014

DSG issues after Unitronic Stage 1+

Had my car flashed at waterfest a couple weeks ago. Went Uni Satge 1+. The tune is pretty badass and I'm really enjoying it so far, but the DSG seems a bit shaky since then and has me slightly concerned. First, I'm getting rough shifts from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 in D mode only. I assume this has...
  14. Eric6014

Why are new posts removed so quickly?

I've noticed that lately threads are removed from "new posts" not long after they've been posted, like only a couple hours. Has it always been this way and I'm just noticing?
  15. Eric6014

WTB - Boost Gauge w/ Center or Driver Side Vent Pod

Looking for an FSI kit but will buy just the gauge, or just the pod if anyone's got one for a good price.