GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Eric1285

1. E

Looking for dent repair in central NJ

I'm looking for a good paintless dent repair shop in central Jersey. I got a small ding on my door due to some stupidity on my part. My dog was going crazy trying to get under my car, so I thought there might be something under it. Rather than go inside the house and grab my keys, I took the car...
  2. E

Clutch engagement point changed

A couple days ago I noticed that the engagement point on my clutch moved up significantly. It used to begin grabbing about 1.5-2" off the floor and now it seems like it doesn't grab until at least 3" off the floor. My car is new and only has about 7500 miles on it. This is my first car with a...
  3. E

Request: DIY oil change for TSI engines

I've got a 2009 GTI with the new TSI engine. I've been looking everywhere for a good guide to doing oil changes. I've never changed the oil on any vehicle before but would like to do so for my new car, since the dealer is only giving me free oil changes ever 10k miles and I'd really prefer to...
  4. E

Posted a review of the GTI

I wrote up my review of the GTI after owning it for 3 months / 1600 miles. I did my best to cover every aspect of the car as well as to mention some of the more common problems and issues with it. It is VERY long as I tried my best to be thorough. Here's the basic summary: Pros: Practical and...
  5. E

Can you guys recommend a good tire shine?

So I detailed my car a week or so ago and it looks great, but without the tire shine it seems incomplete. I have some Eagle One tire shine I used to use on my sister's car, but it eventually caused the tires to go brown. Obviously, I don't want that to happen on my GTI. Can you guys recommend...
  6. E

So uh..how many gay/lesbian owners out there?

So I was reading an article on Consumerist that mentioned gaywheels.com. I thought I'd take a look to see where our car ranks. Turns out that Volkswagen is on their list of gay friendly companies. Not only that, but the GTI received a 9 out of 10 in their review here...
  7. E

Klasse Twins & P21S Review - Pics of detail

Well, my epic 4 day detail regimen is finally complete. Took about 10 hours of work overall, but the car should now be ready to last through the winter with minimal additional work. Here's the process I used: Wash with Mother's California Gold Single application of Klasse All in One First layer...
  8. E

Where to apply Klasse AIO & SG?

I just received my order of detailing supplies from autopia. Picked up the Klasse twins, Sonus Acrylic and Carnauba quick detail sprays, Stoner invisible glass, and P21S Concours wax. I'm wondering what parts of my GTI (aside from the paintwork, obviously) I should be applying the Klasse...
  9. E

What detailing products do you use?

So I haven't actually detailed a car in a few years. I used to do it for my sister's black Accord coupe back in the day with regular off the shelf products. Usually just used Mothers/Meguiar's stuff. I did some research today on Autopia and Autogeek based on some recommendations from other...
  10. E

Rear hatch getting dirty

So I just got my 2009 GTI a few days ago, and I've only put about 150 miles on it. I'm noticing however, that there seems to be a lot of dirt and such building up on the rear hatch. I've already had to clean it off once, and it's dirty again from driving today. Doesn't seem to matter if it's...
  11. E

So we picked up my new GTI today...

...and I guess I'm pretty terrible at driving a manual. I've only had about an hour of seat time in a manual before today. We had my dad drive it off the lot over to his factory. I tooled around in the lot there for about an hour and a half. Must have stalled a dozen times at least. Like I...