GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by edusson

1. E

20+ % on leak-down test

Hi, The dealership did a leak-down test resulting on 26% and 23% on the first two cylinders and 20+ on the other two (he didn't say exactly) Also I can see on the video spark plugs crusted in oil and he showed me oil build up on top of the pistons through the scope. They recommended engine...
  2. E

Black smoke when accelerating + high oil consumption (?) [correction: white smoke]

Yeah, was hoping that wouldn't be but you all pointed to turbo as a possibility from the very beginning... We worked out the easiest first :) I called my usual mechanic (the same that said everything was fine :cautious:) and he was guessing about $1k (ball park) if we found a used one (or...
  3. E

Black smoke when accelerating + high oil consumption (?) [correction: white smoke]

Well, an update, probably the last one... Sorry took so long... Things were looking fine except for the oil consumption but couple of days ago in the same street spot (ironic), I floored it on second gear and a big cloud of white smoke came up. This time didn't get me by surprise and lasted...
  4. E

Sorry for delay (again, somehow no notifications...) But actually no update... I had to pass my state inspection so couple of weeks back I took it to my usual mechanic and told them to check this out too. I was super disappointed, almost had to argue with them. They said that the oil I see...
  5. E

Just brief report, sorry for late reply (somehow don't get notifications). Changed the PCV couple of weeks ago but I think I am still losing oil. I can't 100% tell as I have barely driven the car. Will monitor and get back. Didn't have time to do anything else either... Also, just to clarify, I...
  6. E

Hi Roh Echt, Thank you for the extensive reply. Funny I had seen your video but didn't realize it was yours! :) Also checked what you mentioned and sure enough, they had replaced the PCV in a service long back. Both front and back. So that matches everything. "P" version. I just ordered one +...
  7. E

I am missing a bit the theory behind all this... Do you think that all the oil I am missing is from wrongly routed blow-by? Or could it be that the pressure in crank case blew some seals somewhere else and now the oil is just leaking through those on top of the turbo? Sorry if this is basic...
  8. E

Hi, Sorry took long to update but work, Covid and the rain got on the way... I think I may have found it. Saw new spots on the floor so took some pics from the bottom and with my limited knowledge, looks like oil in the CV axle, and up on the intercooler hose (what 1131 was saying for the...
  9. E

Thanks a lot to everyone! I'll check those when rain stops and will get back. Everyone stays safe! :)
  10. E

Hi, Sorry, this may be just me worrying too much but a basic question... Is >2 qrts of oil in 1k miles normal for this car? It always consumed quite a bit of oil but I think this is excessive. In detail, not sure if I am into something... [5/23/2019] Changed the valve cover gasket (at the...
  11. E

Loss of power when accelerating, P0087 P2293 P310B

To the point :) Car started hesitating when WOT few weeks ago (maybe once a week). At the time threw the P0087 P2293. Took it to the dealer scared of the cam follower but it was ok. They said I had also P2294 pointing to the hpfp but didn't do the job with them. Changed later my spark plugs...