GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dwdrums

1. dwdrums

Hoen Endurance fogs... HEAT/MELTING??

Hey folks. I'm getting ready to do the yellow lamin-x and hoen endurance (yellow) fog light bulbs for the MKV. I noticed (and I searched) that people had whinned about the bulbs getting very hot. As I understand it, they are standard 55w bulbs, but will they cause me any heat/melting...
  2. dwdrums

what to use on plastic lowers?

Hey folks... I use Meguiars to wash the GTI, but what can I use to make the bottom plastic pieces black again, maybe a little shinny as well? I'm affraid to use ArmorAll. Thanks.
  3. dwdrums

FS: HID kit - Phillips Bulbs (4300K) and Phillips/Hella Ballasts

FS: HID kit - Phillips Bulbs for H1 size (4300K) and Phillips/Hella Ballasts (with wiring) We had a Beetle before the GTI and put HIDs into it, using a very high quality kit made of all Phillips parts (the bulbs are Phillips OEM and the ballasts are Phillips/Hella OEM) with wiring included...
  4. dwdrums

IPOD ADAPTER - MODs and gurus, please help!

For those of you with the iPod adapter, I'm sure you're in the same boat and wish you never paid for it and just kept the aux-in. What can I do to un-freeze the adapter? It is stuck, will not respond to radio buttons, nothing... it just says loading or whatnot. 2 different iPods will not work...
  5. dwdrums

Mk4 badge on a Mk5?

Will this fit a Mk5 ?? Some bitch little kid ripped of my OEM front grille badge. Let me know! Thanks.
  6. dwdrums

will this stand up to a 12w6?

Hey folks: Do you think this Q-logic box will handle a JL 12w6v2? Its 5/8" MDF all around with an extra baffle of 3/4" MDF for mounting. The 5/8" construction makes me nervous. :iono: What do you think?? Thanks in advance. UPDATE: what other brands of boxes should I look at??
  7. dwdrums

JL HD750/1 or Alpine PDX-1.600 or 1.1000 ??

DOODS: I will be getting a stealthbox soon (the 10w6 configuration) and want your opinion on amps for two reasons: quality of the amp / sound it produces how good of a match it is for the 10w6 The contenders are: JL HD750/1 - 750w x 1 RMS Alpine PDX-1.600 - 600w x 1 RMS Alpine PDX-1.1000 -...
  8. dwdrums

FOR SALE: 2 12" Kicker Solo Barics in Sealed Box

Anyone want to meet around Philly? $400 with subs / box / grilles. PM me for details and pics. Thanks!!
  9. dwdrums

sub amp too big for under driver seat?

Hey folks - I have a 08 GTI w/o the premium amp. So I don't have anything under my driver seat. I wanted to put my Kenwood Excelon KAC-X1R under there but longways, it sticks out about 4 inches towards the front of the car, and doesn't fit at all width-wise. Can a installer-shop do anything...
  10. dwdrums

Pictures / suggestions for Cap placement?

Hey folks - I am going to have my sub amp installed under the drivers seat (MkV - no facotry amp) and was wondering where I could fit a capacitor? Probably just the standard tube shape, either 1 or 2 farads. Anyone have any ideas? Keep in mind the cap needs to be very close to the amp. Thanks!
  11. dwdrums

JL Stealthbox.... opinions?

Hey folks, I just got my 2008 Mk5 and will be putting in a JL Stealthbox, loaded with the 10w6v2 @ 2 ohms. Those of you who have heard one or have one, what do you think? I was running 2 12" Kicker L7s sealed in my previous car, so this is a bit smaller, but I have faith in JL. Always have...
  12. dwdrums

What brand are the OEM stock HID bulbs in 2008 GTI??

Hey everyone. I bought my MkV LAST NIGHT! Woooo!! Question: What brand and kelvin temp are the Stock HID capsules (bulb) in a 2008 GTI? I'm assuming they're Philips 4300K DS2. Thanks in advance.