GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by drval85

1. D

Subframe locking collars - TyrolSport vs ECS

Ive used both. Different materials. Currently have the ECS kit with no issues.
  2. D

Water in spare tire well

Pulling the bumper isn’t difficult. This is what I used first time. https://www.vwvortex.com/features/technical-features/project-turbunnium-part-ii-body-modifications/ FYI, I thought I had same issue, but my leak was from the sunroof drain connection. It would run along the headliner and down...
  3. D

Remote start in a 6MT?

Thanks for that link! Does the loader still work? Saw your last post about “lite” accts. If so, I’d be all over this. Found a place to do it, but I’d much rather do this myself than pay someone to butcher wiring everywhere.
  4. D

Failed cam follower, no VCDS codes?

Replaced my friends cam follower Cam didn’t look gouged too bad. No CEL, no fuel related codes. I would think there would be codes if the HPFP was damaged? Car dies when dropping to idle after a pull. Replaced thrust sensor, n80. Checking DV tomorrow. Car idles rougher when dip stick is...
  5. D

No cruise control speed reading, even when activated?

Still working fine. But the display showing the set speed no longer reads correctly, always set to zero. Already scanned, no relevant codes.
  6. D

Ultra Lows and Koni Yellows

Need a replacement for my rear shocks for my H&R Ultra Lows. Anyone have experience pairing the springs with Koni Yellows?
  7. D

First VCDS data log- now what?

2009 GTI. Not tuned (yet). Engine replaced 5k miles ago. Looking to verify everything is running properly before tuning. Only did 4 parameters this time. https://www.goapr.com/support/datalogging.php This guide says to do 5 runs with 12 parameters each. I assume that's overkill for my...
  8. D

Rear toe link bolts/torque specs

Are they stretch bolts/need to be replaced? I read somewhere that if it has a torque value and then + Degrees, it is. I've found 2 separate install instructions for aftermarket parts. One has a regular torque number, another has a torque number + 90 degrees. I'll be installing OEM parts...
  9. D

Extra wire from fog light/side marker harness?

What's this for? Appears to be for a factory option I don't have.
  10. D

WTB: broken/defective LED GTI tails for parts

Shipped to 08872 NJ.
  11. D

Mk5 rabbit mesh grill

Anyone have one of these they don't want? Near 08872 NJ. Thanks!
  12. D

This forum is almost dead

Awesome. Thanks for the info.
  13. D

I read people swap them because of concern about water freezing and blocking the flow.
  14. D

Speaking of used PCVs, I replaced mine last year. Swapped it for a catch can a few months ago. Going back to PCV for the winter. Should I buy a new one, or reuse the old one? Only a few months of use, but I already had to replace the rear main seal. Definitely want to avoid that again.