GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dosbox

1. D

VW covered up a security problem with their electronic locks

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/08/researchers-reveal-electronic-car-lock-hack-after-2-year-injunction-by-volkswagen/ Doesn't sound like this affects the MK7 (at least I hope it doesn't), but this was sketchy behaviour on the part of VW.
  2. D

How long does your AC take to start chilling the air?

I've noticed my 2008 takes over 20 minutes before the air starts feeling cooler. As my commute is 25 minutes, this isn't much use. This happens in both manual and auto mode, with the temperature set @ 18C.
  3. D

What happened to the golfmkv forum themes?

There used to be options for the forum themes, but that seems to have disappeared in the last week or two. As much as I love my interlagos, I much preferred the clean uncluttered default theme while surfing this site. Bring back the vbulletin default theme!
  4. D

Caption this picture

Apparently the pace car for the Rabbit racing series deserves special treatment:
  5. D

Wiper blade clips and JD Power

I washed my '08 GTI today and put the wipers into the "service position". As I'm wiping down the passenger side blade, it comes off in my hand. It seems the clip that holds it into the wiper arm broke off at some point. I've had the car for all of two months, and had not previously noticed a...
  6. D

Need a picture from under the car

Any chance someone with a GTI can take a picture by putting their camera behind the passenger side wheel and taking a pic of the dogbone mount? No need to jack up the car. I'm looking to compare the position of the stock mount. Thanks.
  7. D

Vision V on a MK V GTI?

I'm seeing different offset specs for the 17" Vision V - 51mm and 54mm. Which is it? If it's 54mm, will that be a problem on the MKV GTI?
  8. D

17" OEM wheels that fit a MKV GTI?

Looking through the OEM wheel thread, I believe these will, without receding into the wheel well: Activa Azuro Capezio Classix Denvers Exis Largo Solitude Vision V However, will these? They appear to have significantly lower offset: Akiros - 47mm Avington - 47mm Estemo - 45mm Expression -...
  9. D

A more comprehensive OEM wheel FAQ?

I realise most people here are interested in aftermarket rims, but I wonder why there isn't a wheel FAQ like the one on mini2? While dpham00 did good work listing the OEM wheels and specs, the MKV FAQ doesn't list compatibility (i.e. which 16/17/18 work with the MKV), nor does it list tyre...
  10. D

Torque Arm Insert in Toronto?

Who in Toronto carries these? http://store.blackforestindustries.com/bfitoarmin.html Or are there others recommended?
  11. D

Toronto area dealer experience

#1 - Volkswagen Queensway. Walked in and was directed to a salesguy who took me for a very quick test drive. He was in a hurry as another customer had made an appointment. When I asked to make an appointment, he told me to "just come in". He couldn't answer a basic question about seat...
  12. D

Six months later - how has your MKV GTI been?

I'm interested in Canadian experiences with their MK V GTI as I'm looking to replace my Mini with one. - How's oil consumption been? - Any squeaks or other minor faults? - How were the stock tyres in the snow? - What's your fuel consumption been like? - What's with the 300KM speedo? :biggrin...