GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dmclone

1. dmclone

WTB Foglight cover

My factory foglight cover is shattered. Need a replacement.
  2. dmclone

Broken foglight

A rock or something must have broken one of my foglights. Anyone know of a good place to buy a replacement lens? How much?
  3. dmclone

Chip for GTI

How much does it cost to just buy an extra chip for the GTI? I live about 200 miles from the closest place that upgades the chips and for warranty purposes would like to have an extra chip. How do you go about getting one of these?
  4. dmclone

GTI reliability

Quote from one of the heads of VW NA "Recent VWs have been launched with great difficulty - the 2004 Touareg is one of the vehicles Hallmark says caused a spike in VW's Power troubles, though he adds the vehicle has gotten better each year in quality. The new GTI, he says, is the...
  5. dmclone

Sweet vtec video

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/1/0B59CCCA-1F9D-42C5-930E-AE2F9AE359C1.htm
  6. dmclone

Trip to London/Rome

I'm planning a trip to Rome for November. I'm going to be 2 days in London and 7 days in Rome. I already have the rooms booked for Rome but any recommendation on places to see and eat? Any recommendations on places to stay, see, eat while in London?
  7. dmclone

What is it?

8. dmclone

If you think VW has a reliability problem....

Check out this vette. Nothing like the roof coming off at 60mph http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1369957
  9. dmclone

VW love the car-Hate the website

Is it just me or does VW have the worst website of any car manufactuer? Here are just a few examples: The accessories pages- Why can't I choose what year my GTI is and have it only show those products. You really can't tell what will work for the MK5. Sometimes it says 99+ but that doesn't...
  10. dmclone

Fast stickers=Rice

I'm sure I'm probably alone on this opinion but I think the Fast stickers or any other stickers go against the whole VW theme. When I think "rice" I think big wings, wild graphics, fart-can mufflers, and stickers. Anyone else?
  11. dmclone

Car moving after put in park

Maybe it's just me but it seems like after I put the car in park it rolls a lot compared to other cars I've owned. Is this normal? I have DSG,
  12. dmclone

Brake light on the instrument panel

I just got my GTI and after I shift into park a little green light comes on that looks like a foot. Is this normal? What's happening?
  13. dmclone

Ipod-What should I get

My previous car (after today) which was a Honda Element had a factory aux plug in for my Ipod. I would just hit the auxilary button on the stereo and I could adjust the songs through the Ipod itself. I've heard about these kits that run the Ipod through the CD changer and how you have to have...
  14. dmclone

New GTI owner-DSG Pkg #1 UG

I was set on buying a new Civic Si until I went and test drove the GTI last night. It was about $5,000 more sticker but I actually only had to pay $3,500 more for the GTI. It’s going to arrive in about 3 weeks and at that time I will be applying a bunch of Zaino. Here are some of my previous...