GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by destroyboredom

1. D

Masshole Auto Insurance- help!

So I recently moved from PA to MA. Traded in my 02 GTI for an 06. I call State Farm and they quote me $1,386 over the phone. After owning the car for 2 months some information finally comes in the mail. I get a statement of my Safe Driver Insurance Plan (SDIP) w/ nothing listed under surcharge...
  2. D

Ordered my Zaino kit

I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with this car wash/wax/polish but it's really good stuff. I just ordered the ZKIT-1 yesterday and it should be here on Friday! The site also has some helpful tips for taking care of your car. ZAINO
  3. D

Awesome M5 vs RS6 video

Stumbled across this tonight and wanted to share. Hopefully it's not old. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/RS6/0/9A6F6631-A857-4BFB-8ADA-AC3BB0E1B9F3.htm
  4. D

These are hot.

I saw these in a magazine at work today. So nice! Nice car too. The new 911 Turbo. :drool: Probably no chance of a quality replica though.
  5. D

Anyone seeing other GTIs on the road?

I have yet to see any other new GTIs on the road and was just wondering if anyone else has? (here in the US/Canada)
  6. D

No more window trick

After a week of ownership I'm noticing som differences between the MKV and my old MKIV. 1. You can no longer hold they key in the door to open and close the windows. 2. Having no physical locks (push pin/knob) is pretty strange. The second is obviously not a big deal, but I used to use the...
  7. D

The GTI is a hit w/ the car guys at work

Anyone else getting praises on your car with friends in the office? The guy that sits next to me has a 2001 Porsche Carrera and drove it to work today, then checked out the GTI after work. I had some other people checking it out after work as well. It was pretty cool, everyone loved it.
  8. D

Stock tire suprised me

I was suprised to find Bridgestone Potenza RE050 on my new GTI. I've read about alot of people getting Continental all seasons. The only downside here is that I live in New England and I'm not sure how these will do in snow. I imagine not that great. I had Toyo Proxy all seasons on my MKIV and...
  9. D

Picked up mine tonight

Picked up mine tonight (pics added) I picked up my MKV GTI tonight. Candy white opt- 0. Manual. There will be pics eventually, but i assure you...it looks like all the others. :wink: Edit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/destroyboredom/
  10. D

Stupid question: Are the stock calipers red?

Sorry...I test drove at night and didn't take notice. Some pictures seem to show red calipers and others don't.