GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by CoconutPete

1. C

What have you done to improve your (halogen) headlights?

I love this car, but she really shows her age when driving at night. The headlights are pretty terrible. I'm considering a range of options. On the close end is doing a headlight restoration on the lenses again (did one about 5 yrs ago) and getting some different bulbs. Is anyone running an LED...
  2. C

Lost code for RMT300 ... has an odd serial # ...

AHH! Problem solved. Good thing I'm a packrat! Found the envelope with stuff I kept from when I bought this thing. Had a sticker in it with the REAL serial number (correct length, begins with VW etc.) AND I found a sticker with the code .... phew.
  3. C

Lost code for RMT300 ... has an odd serial # ...

I bought an MK7 about a year ago, but I just couldn't get rid of the MKV. Needless to say it doesn't get driven a lot and like an idiot I let the battery go flat. Now the radio needs a code. It's an RMT300 that I bought about 2 years ago. I'm sincerely ashamed to say that I don't know where the...
  4. C

Set of 4 18" OEM "Dallas" wheels

Well... I bought an MK7.5 and the wheels weren't my style. These were removed at the dealer before I even left the lot. They are in my garage in boxes. $600 for the set. It appears my pics are too large. Here is the Craiglist ad until I resize them...
  5. C

Time for 1 actuator? Or 2? Or something else?

Well... just like on everyone else's MKV, my door locks are acting up. Symptoms started with the car not knowing if the front driver's side door is open or not. The car thought it was always closed. This wasn't a huge problem since really the only side effect is the dome light never turned...
  6. C

Buying an RMT300 ...... froommmmm ......

So I had my hand on the trigger ready to pounce here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/rmt-300-mp3-bluetooth-radio-kit/6q0051228fkt/?gclid=CJjW3qmn4NACFdCCswodGpsPJQ I figure - hey it's ECS, I have bought from them before, no issues. So at the last minute I decided to...
  7. C

4 Catalunya 16" wheels (no tires)

I have 4 Catalunya wheels. From what I understand these originally came on the 2006-2007 Passat, but these were on my 2008 Rabbit when I bought it. I prefer a 17" rim on these cars, so that's why they came off. Wheels are straight, no bends etc. 2 wheels are perfect. 1 wheel has 1 small...
  8. C

Several TPMS questions

This is for a 2008 Rabbit. 1: My TPMS light is on. Much like my Sienna, this happened when it got cold. Will the light come off by itself when the problem is fixed or do I need to reset it? The car doesn't have the TPMS reset button that I see is available as an accessory (the one by the...
  9. C

Titanium Karthoum paint?

I picked up a set of Karthoums. 2 of them have a small amount of rash. Does anyone know of a color that matches the titainum karthoums? It seems ordering the actual paint is impossible. Has anyone had a body shop copy the color?
  10. C

WTB: OEM set of 18's

Found set. Thanks.
  11. C

Auto tranny service/flush/fill/filter?

I have an 08' with an auto trans. It has 72K on it - I just bought it a few months ago. What's the general consensus on servicing these things? 72K seems to be well short of the "point of no return" and like the rest of humanity I don't believe in lifetime fluids.... On cold days it takes a...
  12. C

Ye olde "car doesn't know the door is open" problem

So it seems this is a common problem - what I can't figure out is how many "flavors" of this problem there are and if they all have the same fault. There was a very useful thread on soldering broken connections inside the door switch, but that guy said he had alarm problems and couldn't roll...
  13. C

Adding fogs... will it fit my bumper?

My Wabbit has the same "nose" as the one in this picture (just a random pic i pulled online). I'm trying to determine if those honeycomb grilles with openings for fogs will fit into this bumper. Any input? Thanks
  14. C

WTB: Cargo cover for 4door MKV Rabbit

I am specifying 4 door because I do not know if the part numbers are different. Anyway... mine didn't come with one and I'm not spending $250 for one. I don't want it THAT bad. Just seeing if anyone here has one. Grey is preferable Black is fine Any other color I'll take a look at if the...
  15. C

Hi!

This is just a "HI" post. Just bought a 2008 "Rabbit" as those crazy Americans decided to call them for a couple of years. I have never had one registered in my name, but my parents have owned 8 since the 70's and I have borrowed several of them. Hence the fact that I still call it a Golf. I...