GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by clockwise33

1. clockwise33

BPY cold start noise

After a decade plus of positive experience with my 06 GTI I decided to pick up another BPY in a 08 A3 DSG to use as a daily. I've gone through the car and it's been great for about a year. The only nagging issue I can't resolve is a loud buzzing sound at start up when the temp is below about...
  2. clockwise33

Spark Plug Resistance Gurus....talking 1k Ohm or 5K Ohm plugs.

Not sure what issues you are/were having but this was my “ignition” problem-resolution: My APR K04 tune started having a high RPM choppy/hesitation/misfire after installing an intake. I tried many different plug and gap combinations some made a difference but none fixed it 100%. I finally...
  3. clockwise33

Eurocars build thread

Good to see you’re still at it. On the spare, why not pack a wheel spacer along with a space saver from a R or PP MK7 GTI to clear your brakes? Also, think about using a aluminum rear subframe from an 8p A3 3.2Q. They are cheap at the junk yards that I’ve seen.
  4. clockwise33

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Both measurements were done with engine almost at temp after about 10 minutes of driving.
  5. clockwise33

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Here are the values from my 08 A3, 3,000 miles since chain and tensioner replacement:
  6. clockwise33

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Here are the values from my 06 GTI. I replaced the chain and tensioner 23,000 miles ago.
  7. clockwise33

VCDS MB 091 and 093

I have two 2.0t ea113's, my weekend MKV and a daily A3. I've replaced the chain and tensioner on both relatively recently. I'll update with my group 93 values within the next couple of days.
  8. clockwise33

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Just the way I interpreted the video, it seemed to me like he was saying that anything beyond -6 degrees was no good. But you're right, he doesn't explicitly state that -10 degrees is excessive.
  9. clockwise33

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Check out a Youtube video by user "Decimal Tenths" called "How to : TFSI TIMING BELT and CHAIN". He does a good job explaining MB 91 and 93 on a ea113. According to the video, -10 deg is excessive. Is the car running OK? I've done cams on a couple of these engines and it is very easy to...
  10. clockwise33

2006 GTI K04, 6 codes, car barely runs

I'm pretty sure the MAF voltage and boost sensor codes were due to me messing with connectors and/or pressure testing the intake plumbing.
  11. clockwise33

Update: Cleared codes, drove around the block - only the O2 sensor codes came back. Replaced upstream O2 sensor with Bosch OEM replacement, problem solved.
  12. clockwise33

Before i start digging into it, anyone want to make a guess? Friday,10,September,2021,17:02:05:39619 VCDS Version: Release 21.3.0 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64 www.Ross-Tech.com Address 01: Engine Labels: 06F-907-115-AXX.clb Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 115 B...
  13. clockwise33

2.0t FSI AC delete serpentine belt

Hey, this is pretty cool. With the belt being so easy to swap (5 minutes), it might be worth temporarily swapping in the AC delete belt for track days etc. It would save the compressor from taking the constant high RPM beating, and might provide better throttle response for rev matching for...
  14. clockwise33

Direct air intake

I switched the cone on my P-Flo to AEM Dryflow (21-202DK) which is slightly larger than the original and made it noticeably quieter.
  15. clockwise33

Possible Cam Chain/Tensioner Wear?

I swapped my chain and tensioner as a precaution at 100,000 miles. I had the startup chain slap sounds for years and figured I’d get a jump on it. What I found was that the chain and tensioner were fine, however the plastic guides showed very slight wear, barely enough to feel with a fingernail...