GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by clockwise33

1. clockwise33

Manual Boost Controller in Parallel with N75 to Correct Boost Spike

That's exactly how I installed it. I also placed it as close to the wastegate as possible to improve response, while allowing access for adjustment.
  2. clockwise33

Both good points. I cleaned my valves when I installed MK6R rods/pistons about 9,000 miles ago so they should be good. I've adjusted my wastegate probably a dozen times since fitting the K04 in 2016. The problem for me is the amount of preload that must be removed in order to calm down the...
  3. clockwise33

Hello again guys, I wanted to share some good results of a recent project on my MKV. I've got my APR K04 dialed in really nicely lately with more time for logging. It pulls hard and smooth to red line, peaks 260ish g/s MAF, about 315whp on Virtual Dyno. One slight issue has been occasional...
  4. clockwise33

High LTFT K04 BPY

Please forgive my brief thread-jacking: I have been chasing a slight issue with my car all summer and I think this thread may have helped me get closer to a solution. Background: 2006 GTI with K04, IE HPFP, APR tune v1.3 rich fix, MK6R (CRZA) rods and pistons. Issue: The car runs...
  5. clockwise33

'08 GTi FSI K04 Breaking up high RPM under load

Glad you're getting it dialed in! A couple of questions I have: - Do you have your fuel trims handy? It might explain how much higher your MAF reading is (about 8%) vs my car with the same tune and hardware. - Did you notice an improvement on the top end with the RFD? (might also be the...
  6. clockwise33

Yep, you're overboosting. Be careful how many pulls you do like this, the stock BPY rods will not take 30psi for very long. I would start with 3 turns out and see where you are. You want to see a peak of 22-24psi in the summer, tapering to about 18 at redline. Ideally, you don't want actual...
  7. clockwise33

Definitely install a mechanical boost gauge. The good news is if you do need to adjust your wastegate (I'm not saying you definitely need to), its a pretty simple job done from under the car. There have been several threads over the years on overboost with APR K04's. These are a few I...
  8. clockwise33

You're moving a lot of air, the most I usually make on my APR K04 tune is about 255g/s. It looks like you may be overboosting. The max value that the stock boost sensor can measure is about 2550mbar. Do you have a mechanical boost gauge? Have you ever adjusted your wastegate preload? Where...
  9. clockwise33

Those plugs look fine to me. How confident are you in your gap measurement? Use a quality feeler gauge and gently tap the ground electrode downwards on a hard surface, you can find instructions on the NGK website. What coil packs do you have?
  10. clockwise33

What gap do you have your PFR7B at? PFR7B at 0.022" is what I'm running right now and it pulls smooth to redline.
  11. clockwise33

I've been dealing with this same issue for a few years. I've become resigned to the fact that the APR K04 tune simply isn't compatible with aftermarket intakes. I use a Neuspeed intake and even with consistently good fuel trims (about +/-5%) I have always had breaking up near red line. Spark...
  12. clockwise33

Please explain spark plug gap vs. tune

The R8 coils (06E905115G) are paired with 8 range plugs in boosted OEM applications (3.0SC). These are the plugs that have worked best for my APR K04 tune (PFR8S8EG) gapped to about .025. I still get slight misses near red line but better than several different coil/plug combinations I tested.
  13. clockwise33

PSA: Check your rocker panel for rust

Finished fixing the rockers just in time for the nice driving weather. Cut out all the rust, cut and formed new sheet metal, painted everything inside and out with Eastwood Internal Frame Paint, riveted the new metal onto the car, covered everything with a thick layer of Eastwood Brushable Seam...
  14. clockwise33

SACHS SRE Performance clutch

Nice. I’ve had this clutch on a stock DMF for about five years and never had the slightest issue. As a precaution, limit how often you sit with the clutch engaged and consider a clutch switch bypass for cold starts, both will help save the thrust washers, which is becoming more common of an...
  15. clockwise33

"Mild" motor mount options?

I’ve got 034 Street motor and trans mounts and a poly dog bone insert and the increase in NVH over stock is barely noticeable.