GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ChefMKV

1. ChefMKV

Low gas milage after stage 2

After u went stage 2 I've noticed my gas milage go down to about 26-28mpg average. I talked to my shop about it and he says it's moat def probobally because I have a catless downpipe. Makes sense. What do u all think? And others that are on stage 2 that have downpipes with cats what kind of mpgs...
  2. ChefMKV

Autotech HPFP

So my girlfriend got me the Autotech HPFP for christmas and im very excited. Ive done almost all the reading on all the forums about the whole which Fuel pump to get and everything related. So far on the forums all the autotech failures seem to be from the original product and no complaints...
  3. ChefMKV

Repair or New Rim?

So the other night i hit a pretty nasty pothole and it somehow knocked my tire off the rim and also bending the rim.... i went to get a quote on how much a repair on the rim would be and he gave me 135 for the bend and 85 for the curb rash... ive never had a rim repaired so i dont know if it...
  4. ChefMKV

Repair or New Rim?

So the other night i hit a pretty nasty pothole and it somehow knocked my tire off the rim and also bending the rim.... i went to get a quote on how much a repair on the rim would be and he gave me 135 for the bend and 85 for the curb rash... ive never had a rim repaired so i dont know if it...
  5. ChefMKV

BOOST LEAK, HELP PLEASE

about 2 weeks ago i bought and installed a boost gauge because i felt like my car wasnt as strong when i first bought APR stage 1, after installation i took for a test drive and found i only peaked at about 16pounds. so i ordered and installed the BSH PCV fix, and a OEM "G" diverter Valve, took...
  6. ChefMKV

Diverter Valve Install Tips

I just ordered a "G" DV because my C blew. Ill be doing the install myself so ive read up on this a little and saw that all i need is a 4mm allen wrench, ive heard the L shaped ones work better than the socket allen wrench's. As for the location of the DV i hear its on the bottom passenger...
  7. ChefMKV

Lost my reflash temporarilly?...

i installed my boost gauge yesterday and im guessing while the battery was unplugged for so long it reset my ECU, am i gonna have to go get my shit reflashed?..
  8. ChefMKV

Stealership.....

went to the dealer to get my airbag light removed, while the car was their i asked them to replace my C diverter valve with a G, the lady told me she owuld talk to her technician about it and let me know. the following day they tell me my car is ready for pick up and the cost for the diverter...
  9. ChefMKV

Help me decide whats first!

My JL W6 Stealthbox, OR Neuspeed Intake, G Diverter Valve, BSH PCV Valve, NS Boost Gauge. - One or the other is being ordered this week and one 2 weeks after.
  10. ChefMKV

Fresh Oil Change w/ Good Mileage

Took picture while coming to a stop. was going a constant 65 on the way back to campus. Pretty damn decent gas mileage though, I was impressed. My average is usually around 30-33
  11. ChefMKV

BSH DV RELOCATE vs OEM "D" DV

so i got stage 1 last weekend and i drove my car today and i believe my diverter valve went out. im in the market looking into a new one and can anyone tell me what is actually going to benefit me better, and ultimately which one i should get based on a few things. 1. I really dont need to...
  12. ChefMKV

makes me want to build a mkv R:

im sorry if this is a repost, and i know its not a MKV but watching this video makes me want to buy a MKIV R: and build it up =] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCpTSuWOS6c&feature=related
  13. ChefMKV

EG Civic v.s. Stage I GTI

im not the guy who posted the who will win thread before on this but me and 4 other friends went to eat some lunch today and i took em out to this place. all together we weight about 900 pounds ontop of the 3000 pounds the GTi weighs. on the way back this EG red civic with a carbon fiber hood...
  14. ChefMKV

GTO vs EVO 9

Me and my buddy are in his 6.0 GTO i/h/e and cut outs, are leaven campus and this EVO 9 comes up to us and slows down next to us wanting to race. so my buddy chuckles, turns to me and says do you wanna know what it feels like to walk an EVO? A smile grew from ear to ear so he rolls down the...