GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Chaseme

1. Chaseme

FS: VW Goal with Nexen Winguard Sport Winter tires

I debated keeping these wheels, but I need to clean out the garage. VW Goal (Silver) wheels with Nexen Winguard Sport Winter/Snow tires Wheel Specs: 17 in x 7.5 in 5 x 112 ET 50 20 lbs Condition: I've only owned these wheels and tires for a couple winter season. These are near flawless. The...
  2. Chaseme

FS: VW BBS Classix / Seven-X wheels with Nitto NT-SN2 winter tires - St. Paul, MN

I am moving to Texas this summer and will obviously not be needing these wheels and tires any more. I am located north of St. Paul, MN. Local pickup only - it's a pain to ship wheels/tires. VW BBS Classix / Seven-X winter/snow wheels with Nitto NT-SN2 winter/snow tires Wheel Specs: 17 in x 7...
  3. Chaseme

Rabbit Oil Analysis | Pentosin Pento High Performance II (5w-40) | 5,400 mile

I figured I should share my oil analysis from Blackstone Laboratories. Oil: Pentosin Pento High Performance II Engine Oil SAE 5W-40 Synthetic Mileage on oil: 5,405 miles Vehicle: 2008 VW Rabbit/Golf (MKV/MK5) S Engine: 2.5L inline 5 Engine mileage at time of oil extraction: 45,235 miles...
  4. Chaseme

Low oil pressure warning in heavy cornering?

This morning I got on the freeway entrance ramp. The ramp is a large clover leaf type of ramp. Most people would take it at 30MPH, but I enjoy whipping around it around 45-50MPH. Well, this morning I went at it at about that speed and towards the last 3/4 of the corner a 'Stop, no oil pressure'...
  5. Chaseme

Are VW hubcaps universal?

Are the OE VW hubcaps universal? I assume they all have those retention clip style attachment system right? I'm planning to purchase some generic steel wheels for winter but would like to buy some OE VW hubcaps.
  6. Chaseme

Fall Colors - Rabbit

Nothing special. Sorry if I wasted your time looking at a Rabbit just on springs.
  7. Chaseme

If I was an amature drag racer....

My Rabbit would have a plate that reads: WEELHOP (Wheel Hop) :biggrin:
  8. Chaseme

CEL and Engine revving on it's own in idle - Rabbit

Like a n00b I stalled at a light. Trying getting it started again but didn't turn the key all the way to the off position before that. Then proceeded to take off after I did it the right way. Seemed fine until I got back in my car, noticed a slow idle and the CEL is on. I drove it and it...
  9. Chaseme

Car knowledge turned into good deed

I went to Olive Garden with the rents last night. When my mom ran in to check the wait time my dad and I temporarily parked. I noticed the wheels looked off on this S-Class so I went in for a closer inspection. Sure enough, the staggered wheels were rotated incorrectly. The rears were on...
  10. Chaseme

MotoGP Laguna Seca Photo collection

This was my 6th year in a row attending the US MotoGP at Laguna Seca last weekend. Below are a few but more can be seen on this link. These are exclusive to eGarage.com.
  11. Chaseme

My Black Rabbit - correction

So, I detailed my Rabbit back in October (my first correction) but the day that I was planning to winterize my paint snow fell. My car being a daily driver that sits outside all winter took a toll. Anyone that lives in a snow climate knows how snow can come in a very icy form so as hard as I...
  12. Chaseme

Rabbit power increases when romped on?

I can't believe I haven't looked on the forum about this since I've had my car. But I just had to finally check. Do you Rabbit owners notice your engine perks up when being romped on a bit? This isn't my imagination, but I swear the ECU fuel mapping changes when I push the car harder. I...
  13. Chaseme

Only 90 Days Remain: Simple steps to take before your lease ends | booklet scans

Thought some others out there may be interested to see what comes when your lease is 90 days away. This also says what they are looking for in a lease turn in. Letter: Booklet: Also comes with this booklet showing the current VW model line:
  14. Chaseme

Post your 2011 summer setups!

Well it's spring...for some of you at least. I know a number of you have already been busy swapping wheels, spinning locking collars down, and adding an assortment of goodies. So floss what you got.
  15. Chaseme

Sly Stallone is a Dubber

You missed a spot: Arnold Schwarzenegger polishes off his buddy Sylvester Stallone's car March 21, 2011