GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by carlosfandango

1. C

Air conditioning need refilling again...

That's what I figured. Just trying to get them to come back out for free as they told me last time there was nothing wrong, but seem like he didn't really check to hard. Thanks for the replies.
  2. C

Air conditioning need refilling again...

So last year my air con pressure sensor blew in my 2004 1.6 FSI. I replaced the part and got the system re-filled. That was August 2020, fast forward to March 2021 and the air con started making the darth vadar noises again, I got the people out again and he explained that as the system was...
  3. C

Air conditioning hissing

Thanks for the replies... I think I'm going to get someone to look at it to check for leaks before I go spending ages fault finding/fixing :(
  4. C

Air conditioning hissing

My mk5 1.6 fsi has started making a hissing sound when I turn on the ac. The noise stops when I hit the ECON button. I had read that if the refrigerant is low it can make that noise so I had the system cleaned and refilled, but a week later it has started making the noise again. Could it be the...
  5. C

Rear door lock not working properly ?

Hi all, The rear near side door of my 2004 Golf 1.6 FSI is having issues. When I use the fob to unlock the car I cannot open the rear door from the outside, I have to reach in and use the interior handle. Once opened in this manner the outside handle works fine. Then when I lock the car it...
  6. C

Error code P0420

Yesterday I noticed that when driving in a 20mph zone the car was really jerky so I tried in 3rd gear and 4th, but both were not running smoothly. Car accelerates and seems to drive ok at higher revs/speeds. Upon getting home I checked the FourStroke app and I have the error code "P0420...
  7. C

Emission Warning Light keeps coming on

I have a 2005 1.6 FSI that I bought in January. When I picked the car up the dealer had replaced the EGR valve as the light was on when I test drove the car. A couple of weeks later the light came on again, it went back to the dealer and was diagnosed and had the throttle body cleaned and the...
  8. C

Front Bass Driver Stopped Working

I have just bought a 2005 1.6 Golf S FSI. I have changed the head unit as I wanted my MP3 player unit and all that went well, but my passenger side bass speaker has stopped working. I read that it may be a crossover issue, but upon taking the door apart I have no crossover! It was pointed out...