GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Briggs253

1. Briggs253

When did you change your timing belt?

I changed mine at 110K miles and was nervous pushing it that far. The job is not too bad with the exception of the engine mount support bracket. I have the one-piece timing cover and getting that damn bracket out took LOTS of cussing. If I still have the car the next time it needs to be done...
  2. Briggs253

2.0t FSI AC delete serpentine belt

That Gates belt will fit just fine (and presumably the Bando belt too). I've been running it for a little over a year with no issues. Maybe one day I'll replace that seized AC compressor on my car...
  3. Briggs253

2008 MKV Suspension Refresh - What's your recipe

Just sharing my experience here, but I've run two different "sport" upper strut mounts and I hear them squeaking every time fall/winter comes around. I've never had experience with the ECS Tuning HD mounts though but they seem to have the same design premise as the ones I've tried. If you are...
  4. Briggs253

Please help, STILL overboost condition when lifting.

Wow I'm glad you got it fixed. That's the first time I've heard of carbon build up so bad that it caused an overboost condition!
  5. Briggs253

2007 TFSI Idling Roughly, and Revving On Its Own

Just wanted to recommend that you will probably get more responses on the MKV Forum on www.vwvortex.com. Traffic to GolfMKV.com has slowed down considerably.
  6. Briggs253

Spark plug torque

Just wanted to add that the recommendation I've always received was that you remove and install spark plugs from a cold engine (when working on one with an aluminum head).
  7. Briggs253

Whats up people

Congratulations and enjoy. If the mods were done well and the car was maintained, then I'd say $2500.00 is fair. Check your cam follower if you haven't already and make sure the timing belt was done.
  8. Briggs253

AC Troubleshooting Help

Here some information I dug up when GTI's gave me some troubleshooting advice. Below are measuring blocks he asked that I gather. At idle: 001-1: 0 002-1,2,3,4: .815 A to .825 A (bounced rapidly) / .820 / 1000 min / 2.21 lb. ft. 003-1,2,3: 101.5 PSI / 10% / 0% 004-1: 77.9 deg F 006-1: 89.6...
  9. Briggs253

AC Troubleshooting Help

Just a quick update here, I receive a compressor shutoff code of 6 once the AC is turned off.
  10. Briggs253

AC Troubleshooting Help

Thanks for the reply. I did stumble across that by randomly viewing measuring blocks. I saw a Compressor Code of 0. This was with the AC system enabled.
  11. Briggs253

AC Troubleshooting Help

Hey all, I just received my OBD Eleven Pro on iOS and was eager to see why the AC blows warm on my 2006 GTI. A scan shows no faults so I’m not sure where to go from here. I see that I can read live data but I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for. I suspect that my G65 sensor has failed...
  12. Briggs253

Mk5 gti turbo muffler delete

ROH ECHT pretty much sums up the job nicely. One thing I would add is to be ready to cut through a non-removable hose clamp that holds the rubber coupler to the factory turbo muffler. You'll want an angle grinder or hacksaw at the ready.
  13. Briggs253

Opinions Needed - Suspension Refresh

The more I thought about it the more it made sense to do just what you said. I'm going to replace all the usual components up front and just get it done. I've been dealing with squeaking 034 strut mounts for a while now too so it'll be a relief to get those out of there. I'm thinking it might...
  14. Briggs253

Opinions Needed - Suspension Refresh

Thanks for all of the responses guys. I've been on these forums since 2006 and it's wild seeing some of the same names from way back then! I ended up going with the Bilstein Sports and got them installed today with new bumpstops and this Urotuning's in house brand of upper shock mount - Velt...
  15. Briggs253

Where are the MKV FSI Forum OG's?

I lost my original account but I've been here since I purchased my 2006 MKV GTI new. I still have the car and am planning on doing a mild suspension refresh starting with the rear (struts/shocks, upper mounts, rear position bushing on front LCAs, etc.).