GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Boosty

1. Boosty

FS; BPY timing belt kit w/water pump

Sold my gti the other day and I leave for the army soon so I need to get rid of this. It's brand new kit never needed to put it in. Still in box Bought it for $160 shipped , looking to get atleast $120 Pics up in a bit Btw it doesn't come with coolant but I have a half gallon that I used to...
  2. Boosty

Unitronic intake has a hole in it!!

It happened yesterday after I got off the expressway. While driving I heard a faint snap/crack sound. Then when I got off my brake pedal started to vibrate, I pulled over , popped the hood and noticed the spot where the intake connects to the motor had completely disappeared. Now there's a...
  3. Boosty

Aux in to rcd510

Can anyone tell me if vag would be required to use this ECS AUX IN And this stereo I've E-mailed double apex , and the rep told me some models of RCD will require vag com while some won't and it would just replace the Sat radio , just wondering if there is anyway to tell what model of RCD it...
  4. Boosty

Shops in Chicago for timing belt service??

Don't know if anyone still is active here but I refuse to go to vw for my services and I need to get my timing belt service done and my dsg fluids changed Any recommendations ? Not trying to break the bank , going to Florida in a few weeks Vw quoted me just under $1600 for the whole job I'm...
  5. Boosty

Heated mirror install

My mkv didn't come with the heated mirrors, I got heated seats but no mirrors. It's getting cold and snowy and I wanted to install heated mirrors , I found the glass and switch just no clue how to do it. I've googled and haven't found any diys ? Can anyone link me or tell me what I'm supposed to...
  6. Boosty

FMIC opinions

I'm looking forward to getting an fmic this summer , but from what I've been looking at the cheapest options you have to do alot of cutting. I was looking at mishimoto but from googling I have seen you have cut the crash bar Do you guys know of anything that's , for the most part , bolt on ...
  7. Boosty

Lowered on 16s?

Anyone lowered on 16s ? I got some wheels and they're a 16 " wheel just wondering what it looks like compared to being lowered on the denvers
  8. Boosty

(Chi, IL) Fs/Ft : NEW K04 outlet pipe

So in the fall bought these ; http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volkswagen--Golf-GTI-Rabbit--MK5--06-2009--2.0T-FSI/Engine/Air-Intake/SPULEN-2.0T-FSI-Turbo-Outlet-Pipe.html In a packaged kit with my throttle pipe, didn't know at the time of purchase that they only fit k04s and I don't plan on ever...
  9. Boosty

Opt7 led conversion kit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VNBEUMO/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AI8A31CFKBZTU Anyone try these or have a diy on them? Couldn't find anything for the mkv and the videos I've seen people with halogen bulbs made the conversion so just wondering if anyone knows how these would...
  10. Boosty

bad experience at city vw

I originally was going to give my experience here a 4 star review. But then things took a turn for the worst. First red flag , the guy I spoke to in the phone wasn't around , so the promise of getting a loaner was out the door, luckily I arrived earlier then I scheduled because other wise I...
  11. Boosty

Headlight help

Last week my passenger side bulb went dim and started flickering on and off A few days ago I pulled the bulb and it did look to be on its way out , but when I reinstalled it didn't even turn on. Then seconds later I got the light out warbing on the dash Ordered some replacement bulbs ...
  12. Boosty

Heated O2 sensor :/

Hey guys , its been a while since ive been on here Stage 2 and I'm doing great. Killed a g35 a couple weeks ago?? Anyway my emissions test is upcoming and just in time I got a CEL Its P0030 HO2S Heater Control Circuit B1S1 I just went to my muffler ship and they quoted me $330 which is more...
  13. Boosty

93 octane in wisdells ASAP!

I've been to like 8 had stations and all have 91 Anyone know where i could find 93 , in leaving tomorrow and need to fuel up
  14. Boosty

valve gasket help / rear PCV hose

Sorry i don't wanna post something like this cause it makes me feel dumb but i need so help removing these two hoses , anyone ? The two next to the rag , I've been pushing and prying with no luck Anytips ??
  15. Boosty

Throttle body pipe, NEED HELP

So today i removed the noise pipe and my tb pipe arrived so I decided to put it in There is literally all of 1 DIY for the mkv FSI http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/threads/4486-Throttle-Body-Pipe-DIY ^ that's the only one i could find and tbh i feel its a little outdated and poorly done...