GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BbbyBld

1. B

DSG fluid change yes or no?

Service is done. I drove the car 75 miles home and it feels great. The biggest difference I notice is the clutch engagement when starting from a full stop. It previously hesitated a bit. I asked about the state of the fluid and filter. They said it looked no different from cars that follow the...
  2. B

I have an appointment at a Euro specialty shop today for DSG service. I have faith in them because they fully built an A4 engine for one of my friends. They do DSG service all the time and what they charge is relatively cheap. They told me that it’s risky at this point, but I’m willing to...
  3. B

I know the original owner and they don’t remember ever having it done. I called a local reputable Euro shop. They specialize in BMW and Mercedes. They said they do it on occasion, but refused when they asked the mileage and when it was done last and told me not to change it. There’s other VW...
  4. B

I have a 2007 with DSG and 107k miles. I’m pretty sure the DSG fluid and filter had never been changed. Is it a bad idea to do it at this point?
  5. B

2007 GTI won’t rev over 3k *Fixed*

I just replaced it, but I would have checked voltage if it didn’t work. Obviously the old one wasn’t dead because it idled and ran perfectly. I guess it can just wear out. Maybe the output logic level was on the edge and was out of range at higher RPM’s or something like that. I went on an...
  6. B

Replaced the crank sensor and that fixed it. She’s running great now!
  7. B

Man, don’t wish that evil on me!😆
  8. B

I tried to do some logging today, but I keep getting the G28 fault, the car goes into limp mode, and it breaks the VCDS connection and stops the log. That fault keeps coming back. I posted a while back about inspecting/cleaning it. I ordered a new one today. The LPFP is on the list, but I need...
  9. B

I may be getting somewhere now. I replaced the fuel filter. I was holding off because it looked like it was replaced recently and the fuel pressure didn’t seem low, but I was wrong. That filter was oem. It seemed like the issue was getting better after driving a bit to the point of becoming...
  10. B

I decided to Seafoam the fuel and intake and then replace AFM coils and plugs with OEM. I didn’t have a lot of hope for this, but was planning to do it anyway. This did not fix the issue. I‘m trying to keep this updated in case someone else has this problem in the future.
  11. B

Reversing the rear hatch security override did nothing. I had some time to mess around with the car again. I thought I was on to something because others with my P0321 fault had the same symptom and it went away after replacing the g28 sensor. I pulled g28 and the end was covered in bits of...
  12. B

A little more background on the car...I got it super cheap several months ago knowing there were issues with it. I drove it about 2 miles the day I got it and then it sat parked for 4 months because I knew it had bad CV axlesIt seemed pretty quick that first day though. One of the issues was...
  13. B

After looking at the data, it seems like the fuel pressure regulator and boost pressure are all over the place.
  14. B

https://log.tunezilla.com/s/2jWnB6Kg
  15. B

I went out to do some data logging. The first time I tried to do a pull, the engine rev limited and got a check engine light. After that, it would pull up to near redline no problem, but felt kind of weak-almost like there was no boost. After I drove back to the house, it would rev up near 6k no...