GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by parapraxis24

1. parapraxis24

Auto High Beams

I think it's only available on Autobahn trims in the US. But to turn it on (if you have it) your headlight switch needs to be in the auto position, they need to be on, and you push the stalk forward. There will be a high beam icon in the cluster with an "A" in it. It's grayed out when they...
  2. parapraxis24

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Oh yeah I only know BA post Aero, no experience with them when they were independent.
  3. parapraxis24

Depends on what I want to accomplish, but usually price being a determining factor Aero M4E1 > VLTOR MUR/BCM > Radian I was spoiled by Radian lowers, so pretty much I really only use their uppers these days if I get the urge to build anything.
  4. parapraxis24

BA barrels are fine for range toys. They will definitely start to drift if you're throwing a lot of rounds through them at a high rate of fire. I'm talking out past 200 yards though. If all you're doing is bench shooting, I doubt you'll ever notice. I used to shoot 2-gun matches when ammo was...
  5. parapraxis24

Cloning Electronic Key Fobs

I’ve read a few news articles of this happening. They “wardrive” around neighborhoods searching for rfid signals. If you amplify the signal from the key they trick the car into thinking that it’s in proximity or even inside. Start the car and drive off. A faraday bag is enough to stop the keys...
  6. parapraxis24

I've been out of it for a while....

Back in the day (06-07) when the MKV first came out I was dead set on getting one then, but couldn't come up with the cash so it never happened. Fast forward a few years and I'm itching to get into one again. My requirements are this: 4-door Lowish mileage (<100k). So what I'm really...
  7. parapraxis24

FS: (2) Dayton Audio HO 10s

I've got here a pair of Dayton Audio HO 10" subs that I'd like to sell. The drivers are in near perfect condition, just a bit of dust that somehow manages to build up in my trunk. I'm selling these because after finishing my front stage last week, I have had these turned off since then so...
  8. parapraxis24

Am I expecting too much?

Lookin to snag an 07 here in a few months, figured I could get a better deal because they'd be wanting to clear them out. I want a 2-door, pkg 1, and I'm torn between DSG or MT, regardless. Am I asking too much, or would 20kOTD after a trade in on my 98 Passat 1.8T be a reasonable offer? I...