GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

avenali312's latest activity

• avenali312
    avenali312 reacted to GTIfan99's post in the thread Reverse rake with Like Like.
    I was autocrossing and tracking on mine, they died a very quick and painful death. Luckily I didn't. Lol. They would just crash into...
  • avenali312
    avenali312 replied to the thread Reverse rake.
    Yeah, similar experience here, but on bridge/overpass transitions. Hard and very audible crash into the bump stops.
  • avenali312
    avenali312 replied to the thread Reverse rake.
    Mine made it about 40k and is starting to get annoying. I'm going back to stock springs and Koni Special Active dampers in the next...
  • avenali312
    Wasn't going to talk about hardware or whether to replace any or not, but thought I would share some insight. My neighbor is a senior...
  • avenali312
    Going through this process again soon with my newly purchased Koni Special Active and stock springs. For the life of me, I can't figure...
  • avenali312
    Phase 1 is officially underway. Just need to wait for my dad to come visit for Thanksgiving and bring my stock springs back to me haha.
  • avenali312
    avenali312 replied to the thread 2021 Black Friday Deals.
    I think in @Hammersticks comprehensive guide, he recommended the Koni yellows for EMD since they're a softer spring and the Bilstein are...
  • avenali312
    Yeah, Koni is very adamant that the Special Active are only meant for stock height, and that technology intrigues me (the roads in the...
  • avenali312
    avenali312 reacted to SnailPower's post in the thread 2021 Black Friday Deals with Like Like.
    I don't think you need to put your stock springs back on. Just need struts that can handle the drop and you'll be fine. It is basically...
  • avenali312
    Similar boat here. EMD springs for the last 40k and the stock shocks and struts are shot. Just ordered Koni Special Active (lowest price...
  • avenali312
    If it makes you feel any better, my car is a 2015 GTI with the stock IS20. It's 6 years old now with 56k miles and the rattle hasn't...
  • avenali312
    avenali312 replied to the thread Big Bother in 2026?.
    Yeah, I somehow jumbled up the sentences there and misread haha. New theoretical: What if you got in sober, drank while driving, and...
  • avenali312
    avenali312 replied to the thread Big Bother in 2026?.
    This only works on people that have been convicted once though. Bad stuff can happen on the first offense.
  • avenali312
    We're talking about the waste gate actuator rod here, right? If so, my 2015 has done it since the day I bought it. There was a similar...
  • avenali312
    I'll be next to useless in this thread since I'm really bad at keeping up with things like this, and not to mention work recently got...