GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Audiopulse

1. A

CEL - P2181

Car threw a P2181 CEL the other day... from reading other threads it looks like I'll need to replace the thermostat. The cars at 90,500 miles. Sucks because I was just about to get the timing belt done and now this happens. What are people currently paying at shops for thermostat replacement?
  2. A

Car Broke Down Today

So unfortunately the GTI broke down on me today... for the past week it's been idling a little rough on cold starts, but only sometimes. I don't think it was misfiring but the boost gauge would fluctuate going up and down for about 30 seconds and then eventually it would smooth out. I was...
  3. A

Invisible Valve Stem Kit

Just wanted to warn anyone thinking about getting these..DO NOT buy these GARBAGE valve stems! They make filling your tires a complete pain in the ass and THEY LEAK. I put them on last summer and I had to check my tire pressure and fill them up almost weekly. Now today I went to check the...
  4. A

Rear Sway Bar Bracket Bolts - Help!

I don't like making threads for this stuff but its kind of urgent. I was installing an H&R RSB and somehow I managed to bend one of the bolts that connect the bracket to the frame. Where can I buy another one?!? I had to drive home with only 3 of the 4 bolts. Help! I found this kit on ECS but I...
  5. A

Bad Wheel Bearing

Car is at 78,500 miles. I'm starting to hear a bit of moaning/humming noise coming from the front at 40mph+. When I sway the car from side to side the sound changes so I think its the wheel bearing, but I haven't had a chance to jack it up and check for play yet. I guess this could be one of the...
  6. A

Tinted Windshield?

So my car has a 35% tint. I'm thinking about getting my windshield tinted in 50%. How much of a difference do you think this will actually make, has anyone done it? Would it make my 35% look a tad darker in direct sunlight, or no noticeable difference at all?
  7. A

WTB: Stock jack

Had a bit of an accident with my stock jack and bent the crap out of it. If anyone is parting out their car, I'll take the OEM jack. :)
  8. A

Rev D failure?

So I finally got a chance to install the GFB DV+ kit and when I pulled out my Rev D here is what it looked like. It's only been installed for 6-7K miles. I figured this might be the cause of my boost gauge going up and down like crazy during WOT. I swapped the internals with the GFB kit and the...
  9. A

Auto dimming mirrors

Why couldn't VW include auto dimming mirrors on these cars??? It's so annoying when some stupid truck pulls up 2'' from your bumper with their lights shinning right into your mirrors. Does anyone know if they are available aftermarket? Does anyone have them in their MKV?
  10. A

WTB: APR HPFP/H&R RSB

APR HPFP and H&R RSB. PM me! :)
  11. A

Hotchkis 27mm RSB

I'm selling a brand new, never used, Hotchkis 27mm RSB (same one as APR). I'm selling it because I've decided to go a different route.. SOLD .
  12. A

New Wheel Pics

I finally installed the Miro 111's. I figured its a perfect time to whore some pics :biggrin:. They're iPhone pics so the quality is meh, but its the only camera I own. All four wheels are 18x8.5 et45 with Hankook v12 235/40/18 tires, no spacers.
  13. A

Wheels in winter

How many people on here keep their aftermarket wheels on year round in snowy states? I have a set of miro 111's but I still need tires. I probably won't have the cash for tires for another month or so and then summer is basically over :frown:. I don't want to wait until spring that's too long...
  14. A

How do you know if you have TPMS?

As title states, how do I know if I have TPMS or not? I just bought a set of Miro 111's and want to know if I need to install the sensors or not. I have a 2007 model and I don't have the tire pressure button next to the traction control button... does this mean I don't have it?
  15. A

DSG - How long does it take to adapt?

When I first flashed my car to stage 1 the shifts were kind of rough at WOT for the first 1200 miles. I put in a full pendulum mount 400 miles ago and that helped smooth things out a bit. But over the past week my shifts have become noticeably smoother, even smoother than I remember stock being...