GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by akdarsh

1. akdarsh

034Motorsport Review - Terrible Customer Service

I recently bought an 034Motorsport PCV adapter plate so I could install a custom catch can setup, SKU 034-101-5005. Product had poor fitment (doesn't sit flush with valve cover) and the corner bolts thread in at an angle. The first time I installed this, it stripped the bolts on my original...
  2. akdarsh

Cam Cover/Cradle Reseal && Catch Can Setup

I have a 2007 MkV GTI, 2.0T FSI, BPY engine code leaking a decent amount of oiI from the cam girdle/cam cover. See picture. I'm starting to see a decent amount of oil under the car, my belief is that the oil is falling down the backside of the engine, since it's tilted towards the cabin of the...
  3. akdarsh

Brake caliper/brake booster swap from MkV Jetta Wolfsburg

Hey all, Looks like my brake system is crapping out on me.. I need a new rear right caliper and new brake booster. Here are the part numbers I've found: Caliper: 1K0615424P Brake Booster: 1K1614106AB Called the dealership and gave them my VIN, they said I need brake booster 1K1614106AA... all...
  4. akdarsh

Unknown Gasket Beneath Valve Cover Gasket??

Well it was leaking even before I did the valve cover gasket replacement (green-brown leaking in original pics). I even used a torque wrench to torque it to spec. I'm positive that my valve cover replacement had little to no effect on the cam cover sealant.
  5. akdarsh

Yes, back in August, the invoice says there were multiple faults stored for the high pressure fuel system, so they replaced CF, HPFP, and all the others you mentioned. I actually just replaced the valve cover gasket and PCV valve gasket since they were a bit wet, and the oil leak has decreased...
  6. akdarsh

So I just bought this GTI a couple weeks ago, and I was going through some old service receipts the previous owner gave me. It turns out in August, he had the camshaft intake, camshaft seal, cam seal, fuel pump, and a bunch of other stuff replaced. To replace the camshaft seal and cam seal, you...
  7. akdarsh

Thanks for the help, this has cleared it up a lot. Maybe the oil is leaking out of the valve cover gasket and falling onto the cam girdle, giving it the viscous feel it has. Are you naturally supposed to be able to see the green sealant lining the cam girdle? It doesn't seem like it's hardened...
  8. akdarsh

Thanks for the quick reply! The rocker cover is the same as the valve cover right? Why would torquing the rocker/valve cover bolts tighten the seal too? These outer bolts with blue arrows seem to be the ones holding the cover to the gasket, not the valve cover bolts. (ignore the red arrow and...
  9. akdarsh

Hey all, my 07 GTI (BPY engine) is leaking a little bit of oil. It seems to be coming from something below the valve cover (see attached pictures) Red arrow - valve cover gasket Yellow arrow - unknown Is there a gasket where the yellow arrow is? Like some type of lower valve cover gasket? I'm...