GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by aaronjoshua92

1. A

New to VW

Yeah I did that, waiting to see. I did notice that when I filled up today my gas cap is a lot tighter after I replaced the seal than with the old seal. Didn’t really pay attention to it till now. The old one would keep turning and clicking with ease after it was “tight” this new seal takes a bit...
  2. A

New to VW

Would I need to reset the cel after I install or should it clear on it’s own?
  3. A

New to VW

Don’t have one but thank you for the help. I reset the cel today for two reasons, 1. To see if it comes back, maybe it was the gas cap and the code just needed to be reset 2. To tell me how long it takes for the monitors to kick in I’m pretty sure it’s gonna come back so I’ll replace the valve...
  4. A

New to VW

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I’m starting with the easiest thing to replace first. I did the seal in the gas cap cause that light came on the day before the cel. Haven’t cleared it to see if it will stay off but I’ll be replacing the valve next week. Thank you for the tips on searching.
  5. A

New to VW

Hi just bought a 09’ VW GTI MKV with the tsi engine. Bought it on Monday and already have a check engine light, P0456, so I know that’s most likely the purge valve which I have just the valve on order and on the way already. My question is how do you guys with the tsi engine in the 09’ find...