GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by A1Drewski

1. A1Drewski

Dealers that provide loaners

Does anyone know of a GOOD dealer in the area that readily provides loaner vehicles? The service would be done under warranty, but the dealer I went to this morning didnt want to provide a loaner and I dont want to have to be an a-hole to get them to give me one. Thanks
  2. A1Drewski

Will a Steelie fit on the back?

On my way through new York, heading from dc to Boston for Christmas, I hit a nasty pothole. The result was a bubble in the sidewalk of one of my week old tires. Now I have to get home safely and I am not sure what to do. One possibility I thought of was putting a steelie on the back. I know...
  3. A1Drewski

belly pan part #

does anyone know what the part # for the belly pan is? Changing the oil the other day I found out that my belly pan is broken at 2 of the 3 screws holding the back of it up. Thanks
  4. A1Drewski

windshield tint strip?

I was thinking about getting one done with an ink based tint to hide my radar detector. The problem is that on our cars inside there is the dot matrix around the mirror and on the outside there is the rain sensor. Has anyone done it, if so how?
  5. A1Drewski

low speed surge in D

Does anyone else get power surging in Drive at low speeds <15 mph or so? It seems like the transmission keeps shifting between first and second. If I switch it over to using the paddles the surging goes away. I dont know if this is normal or something that should be looked at. :iono:
  6. A1Drewski

Coolant on cold morning

This week we have had a few mornings where the temp was below 40 (according to the MFD). Each of those mornings the car freaked out and told me to shut the engine off and check the coolant. I checked and the coolant was just a little below the minimum line, but it would go back up to the...
  7. A1Drewski

4 free tickets to DC United and free parking for VW owners 05/08

I dont know if you guys got the email VW is giving up to 4 free tickets to the game tomorrow night. free parking for the first 50 VWs for every DC united game at RFK. follow the link http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/0j4l5l :thumbsup:
  8. A1Drewski

dealer service centers open labor day?

Does anyone know if the dealer service centers are open tomorrow? I have had two check engine lights in the past week that went out on there own. Since I am off tomorrow I figure I should get it checked out to at least see what the codes were.
  9. A1Drewski

question about blown bulb

two of my rear taillight bulbs are out. would the dealer fix this under warranty at 20k miles?
  10. A1Drewski

my passenger seat is squeaking

The other day I heard a squeaking in my car that was annoying as hell. it took me about a day to figure it out, the passenger seat is squeaking (or shaking depending on the temp) when there is nobody sitting in it. has anyone had this problem? do you think the dealer will care? :iono:
  11. A1Drewski

Got DRLs turned back off

I called INDUKTION to see how much they would charge me to turn them off (the dealer turned them back on) and they told me they do VAG stuff for FREE :thumbup: So I went in and got it done in about 5 min. in case anyone needs it done
  12. A1Drewski

Check out Shifty's car on the Automobile magazine website

they have a poll to pick your favorite GTI http://www.automobilemag.com/features/polls/0702_reader_volkswagen_gti/ GO SHIFTY!!:thumbup:
  13. A1Drewski

3 BM GTIs in Rockville

I saw three BM GTIs (not together) between the hooters and the beltway on rockville pike this afternoon. I have never seen so many GTIs unless they were in a caravan ( :thumbsup: ).
  14. A1Drewski

just got TWO tickets

driving into a shopping center parking lot, the cop makes a u-turn and turns on his lights while I am parking. he ends up giving me two $60 tickets, one for not having my front plate on, the second for "operating vehicle on highway wint unauthorized window tinting material". he could have...
  15. A1Drewski

Got a Wii

my brother got a wii, its pretty cool. the motion sensitivity is amazing. just got finished bowling, you have to swing the ball and you can actually put a spin on it. the only problem is that the controllers are really expensive.