GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 3carmonte

1. 3carmonte

New Catback on my Volvo wagon

I read it. My comment notwithstanding, (and we're MKV here).
  2. 3carmonte

Movie and TV Recommendations

Tales from the loop - Original Series - Amazon Prime ...and Goliath of course.
  3. 3carmonte

New Catback on my Volvo wagon

Doesn't this belong in a Volvo forum?
  4. 3carmonte

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

@csumt , That map, Re: HERE is more updated than Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) I never compared the two. That being said, even "HERE" is not reflective of all the cases in my County of Florida as of today. It is from last Friday as far as I can tell.
  5. 3carmonte

Here are the two best maps I have found. Cases: https://www.healthmap.org/covid-19/ Projections: http://covid19.healthdata.org/
  6. 3carmonte

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

You know you're getting old when you see automatic transmissions with paddle shifters replacing manual gearboxes in sports cars (DSG owner here) and automatic pellet feeding offset smokers replacing the traditional offset firebox Texas smokers. I saw my first pellet smoker on a TV special...
  7. 3carmonte

We are all shut down here in Pinellas Co. Only Grocery, Pharmacy and Phone stores open. All others have the "non-essential...until further notice's" posted. Most people here aren't really taking this too seriously. Monster pick-up, arrogant Florida Cracker mentality obviously. There are cases...
  8. 3carmonte

06 GTI, how's it look?

For me, "I would definitely have the car inspected on a lift by a VW mechanic if possible with no skin in the game. " Are you mocking me?????
  9. 3carmonte

WTB MK 5 GTI

This is a nice car IMHO. It's a 2007 so fsi (which I prefer) and it's clean. Prolly cost a grand to ship it to you on a carrier. I'd buy it myself if I wanted another car right now. I'm always looking though...
  10. 3carmonte

Looking for recommendations for SoCal shop - that can R&R motor and repair internal damage

@GIACUser, I can't speak for southern California but in New York City (where I'm from) and here in Tampa Bay FL., there are a number of engine builder shops that specialize in refurbishing engines to like new (or better) condition (like a crate motor) and swapping them into cars with blown...
  11. 3carmonte

Ignition switch

If you tied it on a string and dragged it behind the car, it might make a little noise and a few sparks...
  12. 3carmonte

Stone chips

Since no-one has chimed in on this, I will. My Candy White paint has suffered some of the same dings as you are describing. The white paint is easy to touch up and blend in. I do it myself with a bottle of Rust Oleum "Scratch and chip repair" U5004C Universal Cool White that I got at Walmart...
  13. 3carmonte

Can anyone ID these wheels?

@ GTI's , On closer examination, you are spot on. For some reason the relief looked closer to the face of the spoke in his pictures. These are the rims no doubt. But then you knew that all along! ?
  14. 3carmonte

Can anyone ID these wheels?

The spoke's are missing the relief on the edges that his spokes have. Just saying. Close though.