GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KO4

odascoo

a mansion in WISCANSIN
im just curious. if i were to get a K04 turbo, would i be able to just swap it out with the k03? and then if that is possible would i need to change the internals and what not, new fuel pump, and intercooler? or can i just change the turbo?

07Noside

Banned
You would need the turbo, manifold, and software to support it.

x2 plus you will need all of the supporting mods that you would use to run stg2 software. I.E. new dv/bov/pcv fix...

a4cefed

Go Kart Champion
You would need the turbo, manifold, and software to support it.

yep, how ever you do not NEED supporting mods. i ran a k04 on my a4 without them for awhile and was very happy. i would think the same on the gti, but deff need a better DV

odascoo

a mansion in WISCANSIN
yea for sure on the better DV and software..but you guys know the new stage 3 from APR is very expensive..i think about 6K right? i just want some more kick to my car. would going the k04 route be good?

a4cefed

Go Kart Champion
yea for sure on the better DV and software..but you guys know the new stage 3 from APR is very expensive..i think about 6K right? i just want some more kick to my car. would going the k04 route be good?

are you stage 2 yet ?

07Noside

Banned
yep, how ever you do not NEED supporting mods. i ran a k04 on my a4 without them for awhile and was very happy. i would think the same on the gti, but deff need a better DV

Your best bet is to still get the supporting mods. If your gonna spend the money going BT you might as well get what you need to make the system work properly.

a4cefed

Go Kart Champion
Your best bet is to still get the supporting mods. If your gonna spend the money going BT you might as well get what you need to make the system work properly.

a k04 is by no means a BT

a4cefed

Go Kart Champion
QFT

Are you stage 2 already?

im not stage 2, i dont see why that matters . and you do realize that the k04 and k03 are the same size? what does BT stand for .. big turbo

Pnguyen1028

Ready to race!
Anyone know how much power the APR k04 actually produces with our cars that are already stage 2?

I've only seen one dyno and he was only making 15 WHP or so more than his k03. I'd like to trust it, but I'm just hopeful for more.

300 WHP or even 280 WHP is perfect and I would be willing to fork out the cash for a turbo swap that is almost OEM.

erictwinge

Ready to race!
I would be interested in knowing this, I have a stage 2 car and due to the amount of money I have spend on it I dont want to swap for a Ed30 so the easiest way would be to swap the turbo for a K04 and get it mapped accordingly.

Dont really need anything over 300PS so not bothered about a true 'BT' myself.

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
which us spec cars are running them? i wonder how much it would be to find an oem k04 and mani from a s3 or ed. 30.

madvillian

Banned
there are different size K04's.

AWE's is larger than APR's and the S3's. they can make 300 whp on stock injectors.

Last edited: