GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just installed Pflo.. question

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
Yo so i just installed my new pflo today..

just got a few questions.. did you guys notice that the slight tapping coming from the engine seemed to get louder? i dont know maybe im just being paranoid or maybe its cuz the engine cover is now off.. all things said its been running fine i actually took it out for a couple runs with my buddy's si.. he helped me with install

oh yea one more question.. the fucking heatshield was annoying.. those damn clips for the cover are annoying to get off.. and once i put it in.. it was damn near impossible for me to tighten the bolts that go on the underside of the heat shield.. anyone else have this problem? i got the right one pretty tight but the left one i could get to with the wrench so its just hand tight.. :iono:

also once ive installed my intake.. ive heard our ecu need to adjust to the new air/fuel ratio.. if this is true about how long does this take?

Last edited:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
its probably cuz you dont have an engine cover on anymore so it seems louder. the tapping was always there, now just louder bc theres nothing blocking the noise. at least thats what i think lol.

itsYANO

Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
haha no i kindof am thinking that too.. cuz i always heard the tapping coming from the engine.. just no noise blockage now..

itsYANO

Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
yeaaa.. i was thinking about it.. but i thought i give it one good try.. i got them on there pretty tight soo whatever.. im not to worried about it ill check them in a few days see how they are doing..

any of you guys change your oil at 3k? im thinking about doing it just cuz i am anal about my car.. kindof just want to take it into the dealer and get it taken care of finally put some good synthetic in it

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
its probably cuz you dont have an engine cover on anymore so it seems louder. the tapping was always there, now just louder bc theres nothing blocking the noise. at least thats what i think lol.

This is correct.

itsYANO

Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
okay thanks... yea that damn heatshield was annoying to get to and work in there.. i was really close to just being like fuck it ill do it later.. whole install only took about hour and a half tho