GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Duration: Australian VW Compliancing

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
Does anyone know how long it takes VWOA to compliance a car off the boat.

Well the R32 will be landing on 10th December and I was told it make take anywhere up to three weeks.

What is process and if so is there a way apart from the sales person emailing VW to hurry up.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Three weeks is a bit extreme (kind of).

For example, it took my MINI 16 days to go from unloading at the dock in Sydney, to delivery to me in Canberra.

Although the GTI would have taken 3 weeks exactly had we not got the colour coding done prior to delivery (which added exactly 1 week). Again, that included delivery from Sydney to Canberra.

:iono:

REDMKVGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Mine took just under a couple of weeks (boat arriving to keys falling into my hands) but the dealer did rush it through a bit.

In terms of rushing it all you can really do is ask the dealer (their helpfulness will probably depend on how much you haggled).

macca

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY08 Golf R32
Mine landed in Melbourne on Oct. 30, and I collected it in Sydney on Nov. 20.

Compliancing is handled by Patrick's Autocare and is out of VWA/Dealer control. I was relegated to the camry for a week so I tried everything including offering to pay for faster shipping up here, but there doesnt seem to be anything that can be done to speed things up.

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
I thought as much as the dealer did state that Patrick's Autocare may have a skeleton staff for Christmas. I cant wait for my R32!! but I am saying my farewell to the GTi as she has been great.

Tank Engine

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep - 3 weeks is about on the money.
You could go to the Anzac Bridge with your telescope and watch it come off the boat......do you have the details of the ship she is on? If not get the VIN from your dealer and you can track it online.

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
Tank, i am seriously thinking about going to check out the car. I got the VIN number and i have been tracking it:

Vessel: MIGNON
Voyage: EE729-MIG

PORT KEMBLA AUSTRALIA 11/12/2007
BRISBANE AUSTRALIA 13/12/2007

The link I went to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do But the destination is Port Kembla and then Brisbane but NOT Sydney.

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
Vessell - EE729-MIG

revdes

They have to get the car off the boat first! They lost my keys somewhere and couldn't drive the car off. I don't even wanna know how they got my car off the ship in the end (it was the Mignon too).

Booba

Ready to race!
Mine came off the boat 3/10/2007. Keys in my hand drive away 15/10/2007 :D

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
They have to get the car off the boat first! They lost my keys somewhere and couldn't drive the car off. I don't even wanna know how they got my car off the ship in the end (it was the Mignon too).

How the hell did they loose your keys? So did you get it yet?

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
This was back in April/May. Details in this thread.

RevDes that would have been hectic, I would not like to know how that effected you, but good things come to people who wait ;) Nice pics there and the GTi looks good.

I hope they dont forget my key in Germany.... or I will flip.