GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Best coilovers on the market !!!

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
I've had these puppies (the Cross's) on for about 6 months and the only complaint I have is that the damn coils up front "ping" when I turn the wheel when I am barely moving. Has anyone else had this issue? I didn't do anything to the setup prior to installation, so maybe I am supposed to add a little pre-load to the coils...Also maybe I need to grease the perch?

Dan...any thoughts?

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Thanks Dan!

Darn...everyone asks what is wrong with my car, I tell them nothing, its just the springs. They do mention that it handles amazingly though! Oh well, I'll live with it :)

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Ok this answered my question I just made a thread about... WHY oh WHY did I just buy PSS9 coilovers!!! argh. I remember since I first got into cars with my MKII the PSS9's were like the bee's knees for racing but I guess times have changed.
So Dan did you buy them with the 9kg springs or did you have to order them separate?

saddart

Passed Driver's Ed
hi jus got these awesome coil wondering wats a nice setting for the dampers with 0 being the softest (for daily fierce usage). BTW its clockwise for stiff right? Cheers TIA

GodSquadMandrake

Where can buy the coilovers?

I went to JIC-Magic's homepage did a search and got this:

Search Results For 2006-2008 Volkswagen Golf 5 GTi
No Products Found
Please Check Back Soon

I called JIC-Magic/Cross Japan and they don't have it either. I'm going to try and figure out where they went and what happened.

GodSquadMandrake

I can't figure out who really makes them. JIC-Magic America says that Japan makes them, but I think they might be Taiwanese.

Onomarn

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32 4779
I'm trying to order these too, but i'm wondering if they will work on the R32, because of the required different spring rates.

GodSquadMandrake

I can't find anything on these anymore. I'm not sure what happened to the company.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Just go with AST or better yet get some KW clubsports. At least they have independently adjustable compression and rebound damping. Not bashing the crosses, but if they aren't avaliable, there are other, and frankly better options out there IMO.

Onomarn

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32 4779
I tried looking in to AST, i couldn't find any applications for the R32, only for the GTi.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Vorshlag sells AST's with rates good for fwd GTI (350f/250r). For R32 you'll want to bump them up a bit. Perhaps something like 400f/350r, but you'd want to ask someone who's set up an R32.