GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any cyclist on here

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Top of Mammoth. 11,053ft. You can see the smoke from the fires around the area.

mammoth1.JPG

mammoth2.JPG

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Bought(pre-ordered) my first full suspension bike this week. I drive a GTI, so I am obviously a huge "value" or "bang for the buck" type guy. After wading through the muck and mire that is the (seller's) used market for the past 6 months, I found the new Polygon Siskiu T8 to check all the boxes for me:
1599155616273.png
Pretty killer specs and geo for the price.
https://www.polygonbikes.com/shop/bikes/mountain/trail/siskiu-t8-2/

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So that's what the place looks like without snow...

In other news, I committed some sacrilege. I removed my Speedplay Zero pedals from my road bike and put on my spare Shimano PD-520's on.

Walking without falling on your ass is under-rated.
Gravel and CX has made two bolt shoes on road bikes much more accepted. Nice to be able to run the same shoes on all bikes too. I went the other way, still run Speedplays on road but went to flats for dirt. Nice to just roll Vans.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
OMG it's a road bike. Evil machine. And you're a selfish, entitled person for riding it on public roads. Tying up the road for GTI racers. Forcing drivers to slow down and take their eyes off their phone. :D

Giant makes great bikes. Nice Ghia, too. Have fun and ride safe.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I actually changed my route, my normal route has quite a bit on the shoulder of a highway, but they're doing construction on it and what used to be a decent, eight foot shoulder against 70mph traffic is now down to about a foot. Pass.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Thinking of buying a used Specialized Venge or older Madone. Trying to spend less than $2k. Does anyone have any perspective on these 2 bikes? I’ve had a Madone and like the geometry but haven’t tried a Venge yet.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Thinking of buying a used Specialized Venge or older Madone. Trying to spend less than $2k. Does anyone have any perspective on these 2 bikes? I’ve had a Madone and like the geometry but haven’t tried a Venge yet.
General consensus is that the Madone is a bit smoother, for lack of a better word. Where as the Venge is a bit more sharp, again, for lack of a better word.
I've ridden both, however they were set up way differently but overall geometry was roughly the same.
If you liked the Madone, I see no reason to switch it up.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
While we're here, I've been toying with the idea of replacing my TCR with a gravel bike of some sort.
The TCR is getting old. Nothing wrong with it, but I'd really like to upgrade to electronic shifting, and I feel like I might as well at that point just get something totally new.
I've always loved trail riding (did it before I picked up road but have been out of it for almost 10 years now), and would like to get back into it a bit...but not hardcore full suspension trail riding.
I'm wondering if a gravel bike could do it all for me? Enough of a road bike to still hit the pavement, and an enough of an offroader to hit some trails.
I could always pick up a road specific wheel/tire combo and swap out as needed. Thoughts?