GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

npace

Autocross Champion
Back then demand created supply, not the other way around. Nowadays they convince you need a new iphone. Back then they didn't need to convince colonial powers they need slaves. The start of the supply chain were the Europeans, not the local African kings. Not surprising a member of a nation that through mass enslavement created immense wealth is trying to pretend like her country had nothing to do with soavery.
She didn't pretend that her country had nothing to do with it, she was responding to a silly argument in kind. Also, most people living today have nothing to do with slavery, unless you're talking about the ones involved in human trafficking Epstein rings. There's no way to decide who pays what to who. The idea of reparations is nothing more than a cash grab by opportunists.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
She didn't pretend that her country had nothing to do with it, she was responding to a silly argument in kind. Also, most people living today have nothing to do with slavery, unless you're talking about the ones involved in human trafficking Epstein rings. There's no way to decide who pays what to who. The idea of reparations is nothing more than a cash grab by opportunists.
Displacing responsibility and whitewashing is what she's doing. Applealing to some captains that supposedly lost their lives trying to stop slavery is pure mockery.

The number of modern day slaves hovers around 60 million worldwide. Epstein has no relation to the conversation.

I don't care about reparations. I pointed out that her argument is utter shit.

npace

Autocross Champion
Displacing responsibility and whitewashing is what she's doing. Applealing to some captains that supposedly lost their lives trying to stop slavery is pure mockery.

The number of modern day slaves hovers around 60 million worldwide. Epstein has no relation to the conversation.

I don't care about reparations. I pointed out that her argument is utter shit.
Everything on CNN is utter shit. Including Don Lemon and his idiotic reparations comment. That was the whole thing. You're getting mad at someone for gaslighting a gaslighter.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Everything on CNN is utter shit. Including Don Lemon and his idiotic reparations comment. That was the whole thing. You're getting mad at someone for gaslighting a gaslighter.
Mad? You are seeing things.
The gaslighter gaslighting another gaslighter is still a gaslighter.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Did he dead

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Did he dead
LOL
We had delayed our 10 year anniversary trip in 2020...and did it last week. We found a company that offers supercars and lodging, then we mocked up the same trip at a fraction of the cost.
Germany.png

Started at Oktoberfest, it was cancelled in 2020 and this was the first year back. One beer there was equal to about 3 of ours...and I had at least 3 of them. Potent stuff. There was an insane amount of people, 80k people per day, 10k in our one building and there were many.
IMG_20220924_183151962.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Now let's get to the car...
A 2017 Nissan GTR in Blaze metallic, that unfortunately had a black sparkle wrap on it. A shame to cover that great color. I suspect the car was in an accident and repaired, but I can't prove it. We rented through Lurento (I would NOT recommend them).
IMG_20220926_165656194_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220926_182529855.jpg

IMG_20220930_210828967.jpg

The Stelvio Pass, made famous by Top Gear.
IMG_20220926_163432997.jpg

IMG_20220926_163552000_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220926_163459472_HDR.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Europe was...different. Unless you're on the autobahn, the roads are small. Towns are tight and terrifying, with curbs and rock walls. Bicyclists everywhere. Sometimes you have to pull to the side and take turns with oncoming traffic because it's so narrow. It was hard to enjoy the car, this thing is enormous compared to most cars there. The AWD doesn't like slow turns, and it has a wide turning radius. The speed limit changes all the time, the average is 80 kph, towns are 30-50. Cruise control was worthless. The few times I went fast was fun, the car comes alive at 130 kph or 3000rpm and the exhaust note changes. I would compare it Honda's VTEC. The GTR would really shine in America.
Smaller cars rule the roost over there, and I saw a ton of mkv, mk6 Golfs on the road. Lots of cars they don't sell here, including some cool wagons like an R36? I couldn't get pics of them as I was the designated driver.
IMG_20220930_211039314_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Happy Monday everyone.
Food in Europe was disappointing, very bland. I had a great risotto in Austria, and a good pizza in Italy. Found one IPA. 8 days of traveling and that's all that was notable. I tried McDonald's in Milan for science... long waits, stale fries, mediocre burger. They did have a Five Guys but my wife refused to go there. Many places close at 2pm and/or open at 7pm.
Munich airport was absolutely the worst. We walked in there at 830am thinking we had time for breakfast, I kid you not, it took nearly 4 hours and 7 checkpoints to get to the gate. Atlanta is a breeze by comparison. Saturday was a 21 hour day to get home. I'm pleased to report no one ever asked to see a vaccination card, and I never needed to wear a mask. The rebel alliance is winning.
IMG_20220928_210828266.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Happy Monday everyone.
Food in Europe was disappointing, very bland. I had a great risotto in Austria, and a good pizza in Italy. Found one IPA. 8 days of traveling and that's all that was notable. I tried McDonald's in Milan for science... long waits, stale fries, mediocre burger. They did have a Five Guys but my wife refused to go there. Many places close at 2pm and/or open at 7pm.
Munich airport was absolutely the worst. We walked in there at 830am thinking we had time for breakfast, I kid you not, it took nearly 4 hours and 7 checkpoints to get to the gate. Atlanta is a breeze by comparison. Saturday was a 21 hour day to get home. I'm pleased to report no one ever asked to see a vaccination card, and I never needed to wear a mask. The rebel alliance is winning.
View attachment 262125
I never found Hartsfield-Jackson much of a chore. Not bad at all.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Unless your plane is late and your connection is in another concourse. Then it sucks.
Or your plane is there but it's a 3 hour delay waiting for crew. Happened to me before the pandemic.