GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Oh man.... when I upgraded my turbo I bought two tubes of liquimoly primer and filled and rotated the chra by hand. About a month later, I started getting PMs from a guy asking me what was wrong with his turbo. He literally installed it dry and started doing pulls on it right out of the driveway. Then he got all mad at ATP turbo and accused them of selling him a Chinese knockoff.
Case in point.
"I subjected my AK to plasma high temps, melted the barrel, smashed my bolt with tungsten bricks, and bent all my springs. Why is my AK not shooting? Hyped up russkie crap!"

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I've been in the Army for over 20 years now, and I've watched it get soft. My statement isn't some kind of "this generation is weak" old man statement. It's the current generals that are weak... and they're older than me. Instead of pushing back in the vein of "sorry, Mr. President, but your political agenda doesn't help us win a war" they go along with whatever bullshit (currently it's "diversity, equity, and inclusion") and pretend that it somehow makes us stronger. I watched them walk back a superior physical assessment test because it was too hard for women to get a maximum score, and then try to sell the walk back as something that's in everyone's best interest. Sadly, these lessons will be learned in blood. When we actually have to fight a real army that can shoot, move, and communicate, the 7.62 rounds won't care about the need for equity because of some sort of perceived historic discrimination. It will kill the people who aren't as prepared, as well as some of those who are, because the whole force isn't what it could be. But hey, at least we put out a positive message to make 2% of the force feel better about who they want to have sex with. /endrant
A buddy of mine is an active duty Marine, pretty high ranking tank operator. He said that the orders from the top are to not yell at or insult recruits anymore because it makes it hard for them to focus with a bruised ego.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
5063E401-7153-430D-A969-AD90B7F7FA2E.jpeg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

npace

Autocross Champion
A buddy of mine is an active duty Marine, pretty high ranking tank operator. He said that the orders from the top are to not yell at or insult recruits anymore because it makes it hard for them to focus with a bruised ego.
The reality is that yes, the new generation of soldier / marine complains about being yelled at, but they would come to accept it if it was considered a normal part of stripping down the individual to create the soldier / marine. Nobody in the past liked it either, but it was part of the process and understood. Most people will rise to the challenges of boot camp when the bar is set to a difficult but achievable level. Lowering the bar, however, results in a sub-standard recruit, who becomes a sub-standard soldier or marine, resulting in a sub-standard force. And the General Officers are the only ones to blame, because they allowed it to happen. The erosion started during the Obama years as the draw-down in the Middle East saw a need for fewer numbers, and an idea took hold that we could avoid difficult and uncomfortable situations by reducing training standards and lowering the expectations of combat troops. This coincided with mandatory allowances for the LBGTQ whatever crowd to serve openly as well as mandates pushing women through infantry and combat specialty training. I have a lot more to say about this, but I'm not writing a book here so I'll end it there for now.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
It happened before with Clinton, it's not impossible to happen again under the right circumstances. Right now, Biden can't even rally his own party let alone get republicans onboard so it won't happen under him. It'll become more realistic once Trump wins.

Trump won't be the nominee. Your TDS won't let you absorb this.