GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Gun policy comes to the forefront every time there's a mass shooting. So unless one never happens again it's guaranteed to be something the next president will have to address.
What happens when you give a tyrant an inch?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Well, the military is producing the new 6.8mm rounds, more effective and accurate at range than 5.56. Yet smaller and better in almost every way than the 7.62 commie rounds.
6.8x51 is smaller than 7.62x39? In what dimension?

6mm based intermediate rounds have been hotly debated for over a century but for one reason or another have not seen widespread adoption by big militaries. I have no doubt the new round is not a panacea of any sort, but will just be yet another "one out of many" -- a capable round for a specific purpose when it comes to real war instead of shooting range debates by civilians.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
6.8x51 is smaller than 7.62x39? In what dimension?

6mm based intermediate rounds have been hotly debated for over a century but for one reason or another have not seen widespread adoption by big militaries. I have no doubt the new round is not a panacea of any sort, but will just be yet another "one out of many" -- a capable round for a specific purpose when it comes to real war instead of shooting range debates by civilians.
In any case, x39 will fill most roles outside of Bill Gates shock troops and Big Dog robots

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
In any case, x39 will fill most roles outside of Bill Gates shock troops and Big Dog robots
I was reading about the new round, how it's very effective at 600m. How many infantry engagements with just light firearms take place at 600m? In how many of those engagements are single shots taken instead of laying down dense fire, whose goal is to keep the enemy from popping its head up and not actually killing?

Imho, all this new round talk is generals playing kids' games with an opportunity to get some more of that sweet taxpayer money. Anything short of smart bullets that can change their trajectory in midflight is a clear waste of resources.

npace

Autocross Champion
I moved away in 2007 and I rarely go back. Even less so now.
Sad thing about New York is the rest of the state. It's almost all red (politically), there's tons of beautiful, open space, but it's laws are dictated by the masses of idiots that live in and directly around the city. My wish is for New Jersey to annex NYC so the rest of the state can go on living normal lives, unimpeded by government corruption. Then I can move back and retire.

npace

Autocross Champion
Have they started issuing 12 inch heel battle pumps yet?
I've been in the Army for over 20 years now, and I've watched it get soft. My statement isn't some kind of "this generation is weak" old man statement. It's the current generals that are weak... and they're older than me. Instead of pushing back in the vein of "sorry, Mr. President, but your political agenda doesn't help us win a war" they go along with whatever bullshit (currently it's "diversity, equity, and inclusion") and pretend that it somehow makes us stronger. I watched them walk back a superior physical assessment test because it was too hard for women to get a maximum score, and then try to sell the walk back as something that's in everyone's best interest. Sadly, these lessons will be learned in blood. When we actually have to fight a real army that can shoot, move, and communicate, the 7.62 rounds won't care about the need for equity because of some sort of perceived historic discrimination. It will kill the people who aren't as prepared, as well as some of those who are, because the whole force isn't what it could be. But hey, at least we put out a positive message to make 2% of the force feel better about who they want to have sex with. /endrant

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Absolutely. I would be going for the 7.62x39, and something that can lay down dense automatic fire. An AR-15 is a range toy nowadays.
100% the ar is fun but unreliable. I'd grab my ak over the ar any day of the week if SHTF

npace

Autocross Champion
Yes. It's good to know that others are noticing that as well.

First Chernobyl on HBO, now 3 Mile Island on Netflix. Waiting for a masterpiece on Fukushima.
Absurd... Chernobyl was sub-standard by the time it was built as the Soviets used inappropriate materials in their cooling rods to save money, and didn't tell the reactor workers, which led to procedures that were dangerous for what was being used (<very basic summary but there were a lot of issues that created that disaster).

npace

Autocross Champion
I was reading about the new round, how it's very effective at 600m. How many infantry engagements with just light firearms take place at 600m? In how many of those engagements are single shots taken instead of laying down dense fire, whose goal is to keep the enemy from popping its head up and not actually killing?

Imho, all this new round talk is generals playing kids' games with an opportunity to get some more of that sweet taxpayer money. Anything short of smart bullets that can change their trajectory in midflight is a clear waste of resources.
Anything at 200m and beyond is typically where you establish a base of fire, and then send a team (or squad or platoon or whatever, depending on the size of the engagement) to maneuver to a flank and kill at much closer (50-100m range). That's me agreeing with you by using more words.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
100% the ar is fun but unreliable. I'd grab my ak over the ar any day of the week if SHTF
That's why i got a vepr instead. The bolt assy shakes like ice in a glass, but i know it will work no matter what i throw at it. The ar is fine and more accurate by design, but that is its shortcoming as well. In a shtf situation i won't need sub moa accuracy.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Absurd... Chernobyl was sub-standard by the time it was built as the Soviets used inappropriate materials in their cooling rods to save money, and didn't tell the reactor workers, which led to procedures that were dangerous for what was being used (<very basic summary but there were a lot of issues that created that disaster).
No doubt. That's why any complex system should be treated as such. It's just like not gunning a turbo engine until the oil reaches operating temp. Improper operation is no excuse for the green party to claim nuclear is inherently dangerous.

npace

Autocross Champion
No doubt. That's why any complex system should be treated as such. It's just like not gunning a turbo engine until the oil reaches operating temp. Improper operation is no excuse for the green party to claim nuclear is inherently dangerous.
Oh man.... when I upgraded my turbo I bought two tubes of liquimoly primer and filled and rotated the chra by hand. About a month later, I started getting PMs from a guy asking me what was wrong with his turbo. He literally installed it dry and started doing pulls on it right out of the driveway. Then he got all mad at ATP turbo and accused them of selling him a Chinese knockoff.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
You do realize a lot of us hate Trump, right? I've argued with you before about this garbage.... in fact you even said something about how it pisses you off when people boil everything down to Trump. Yet here you are.....
The fact is people on the left think if you are not for their radical outlandish BS, you are somehow a "trumpist" into "trumpism" or whatever word they make up next to link you do someone no longer in power. Instead they elected an senile pedo, who we now know for certain (All now available and searchable online) shared phone numbers, emails, video and bank accounts with his crackhead son which he used as a proxy to sell his political power overseas.

Trump was no example of morality, but holy hell Biden and Hunter are in a league of their own.