GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Lesbian because I drive a GLI. That I get. Ha ha. But serial killer because….I watch movies alone? Have you never gone to a movie alone before? 🤔
Nope. And especially not in the morning before it opens. The next one you murder, please put red lipstick on them and say: "What a lovely tea party, darling".

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Nope. And especially not in the morning before it opens. The next one you murder, please put red lipstick on them and say: "What a lovely tea party, darling".
Well I would assume not unless you work at a theater. Not having to watch a film with the talking/texting general public is incredible.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
One episode into Stranger Things 4.

And jesus what the fuck.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
lol, I'm not sure if I'll watch it yet. Season 3 was so meh.

I liked season 3. I thought it was better than season 2. Had some big Resident Evil vibes to it.

But I agree, it felt like a good place to end the show, everything seemed to wrap up pretty well. So had some hesitation on season 4. Like where it going to go from here?

First episode sucked me in though. I'd give it a shot.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Anyone interested in Andor after that trailer? I'll give it at least an episode or two. It looks like they're trying to recapture the vibe of Rogue One, which, in my humble opinion, is the best of this new batch of Star Wars movies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Anyone interested in Andor after that trailer? I'll give it at least an episode or two. It looks like they're trying to recapture the vibe of Rogue One, which, in my humble opinion, is the best of this new batch of Star Wars movies.

No. Star Bores.

One of the most over-rated franchises in history.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
No. Star Bores.

One of the most over-rated franchises in history.

Over-rated ≠ Bad. There have for sure been some misses and sometimes it certainly feels like the cow is dried up. But there's still solid content and stories here and there. Just gotta be selective, imo.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've watched most of the star wars stuff, except the cartoons and animated stuff. I like watching it at least once, but I'm not a huge fan. It's generally not a bad watch though. I started Bobba Fet and didn't finish it, kinda forgot to go back and watch it. It didn't pull me in near as much as something like Mandalorian.

I'm ready for The Boys. That starts next friday...or actually amazon typically releases their stuff at 8pm est the day before, so Thursday night we'll be able to watch The Boys.

Then Umbrella Academy a few weeks later. Looking forward to see what happens next with the Sparrow Academy stuff.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I've watched most of the star wars stuff, except the cartoons and animated stuff. I like watching it at least once, but I'm not a huge fan. It's generally not a bad watch though. I started Bobba Fet and didn't finish it, kinda forgot to go back and watch it. It didn't pull me in near as much as something like Mandalorian.

If you're at all interested, one of the animated series is arguably some of the best Star Wars content ever created -- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SWTCW). I'm talking about the CG series, not the traditionally-animated series (although that one is great as well). The first season of SWTCW is a little rough (what first season isn't, though), but quickly comes into its own.
There are condensed/chronological episode orders I can direct you to, if you're interested and would like to cut out filler and just watch the primo shit.