GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Btw, how did this whole "let's review Roe vs. Wade" thing start? Does the SC not have more important issues to deal with? It sure started a shitstorm that everyone is paying attention to now instead of, you know, watching billions of our money flowing in unknown directions.
I think a case in one of the states worked it's way up to them.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
@HelloNewman great username btw.
How can it be 'too early' to form an opinion?? The fake war stared a couple months ago. That's an eternity in the age of information.
'The grand list of government misspending this is near the bottom...' Are you crazy??? How does that justify any of it?
How are we endlessly spending but not paying down a $30T deficit racked up by career politicians with no skin in the game?

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
You are joking, right? I pay a third of what i make in taxes. What do i get in return? Shitty state and federal roads, SS that i will never see, rising gas and food prices, multibillion dollar wars, shitty for-profit healthcare, non-existent education (immigrants from China, Russia, and India will fill the void). Please tell me how the government is doing a good job making my hard earned tax dollars work for this country, its people, and me.
Where in my post did I praise this administration for doing a great job?
You must be new here. Bank bailouts in 08 have been mentioned here numerous times.

Setting back the russians at our own expense is a great idea. Especially when we are not that far ahead ourselves.
US has its weaknesses but it is definitely miles ahead of Russia in nearly all if not every respect.
Zuby makes a lot of great points, the Tupac quote is right on the money. Literally. How much of that money goes to 'contractors' and third parties? I bet Ukraine only sees a minor percentage, while fat cats and war mongers pocket the rest. Would love to see how they audit this spending, but as some have reported it goes 'into a black hole.' How can you say ethics and morality have nothing to do with it??? Let's call it what it is, as @shovelhd said, NATO is at war with Russia. That includes heavy USA involvement. Putin has great restraint not to carpet bomb all of Europe and us.
Putin has great restraint? Not sure if SRS. When you say "carpet bomb" I'm not sure if you mean nukes or regular bombs but I fail to see how he would pull off either of those successfully. As far as calling it what it is, I already previously stated this is definitely a proxy war so I feel like we're on the same page there?
@HelloNewman remember when Biden opened up our reserves and then sent most of it overseas??
$40B could go a long way here at home, but by all accounts this administration hates Americans.

No argument here, most of this administration's decisions have been less than prudent to say the least.
If it becomes a "great investment", it will be a Gamestop-like event. There's no way NATO invades what's left of Russia so that the US can cash out.
I never said anything about invading Russia, simply destabilizing. Also if we are using Gamestop as an analogy, that was a calculated hit based on real estimates. A group of people saw a vulnerability and exploited it. That's exactly what's happening here.
In other words, excessive government spending is OK as long as it fits your worldview.
If it fit my worldview I wouldn't have described it as "government misspending" Gun to my head someone asks me do I think it is wiser to spend 40 billion supporting Ukraine or buying homeless people bologna sandwiches of course I'm going to say Ukraine. I commented on that twitter post because it was an overly simplistic take. Solving the homeless crisis would require a long term mass institutionalization program, and 40 billion wouldn't even begin to cover that bill.
How can it be 'too early' to form an opinion?? The fake war stared a couple months ago. That's an eternity in the age of information.
'The grand list of government misspending this is near the bottom...' Are you crazy??? How does that justify any of it?
How are we endlessly spending but not paying down a $30T deficit racked up by career politicians with no skin in the game?
Thanks. It's too early to form an opinion because the fallout from this whole situation hasn't fully settled. Only time will tell how this event will affect Russia economically in the long run. They've pulled a hail mary with the value of the ruble, but overall GDP is way down and they are killing more Gen Z's than the Tide Pod challenge. One thing is certain, if Putin fails to capture Ukraine the long-term effects on Russia will be fairly devastating. The justification for this spending remains to be seen as I stated previously.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Remember 2003 and the invasion of Iraq? Dick sure as hell made bank, but how were gas prices doing for regular Americans?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Where in my post did I praise this administration for doing a great job?

US has its weaknesses but it is definitely miles ahead of Russia in nearly all if not every respect.

Putin has great restraint? Not sure if SRS. When you say "carpet bomb" I'm not sure if you mean nukes or regular bombs but I fail to see how he would pull off either of those successfully. As far as calling it what it is, I already previously stated this is definitely a proxy war so I feel like we're on the same page there?

No argument here, most of this administration's decisions have been less than prudent to say the least.

I never said anything about invading Russia, simply destabilizing. Also if we are using Gamestop as an analogy, that was a calculated hit based on real estimates. A group of people saw a vulnerability and exploited it. That's exactly what's happening here.

If it fit my worldview I wouldn't have described it as "government misspending" Gun to my head someone asks me do I think it is wiser to spend 40 billion supporting Ukraine or buying homeless people bologna sandwiches of course I'm going to say Ukraine. I commented on that twitter post because it was an overly simplistic take. Solving the homeless crisis would require a long term mass institutionalization program, and 40 billion wouldn't even begin to cover that bill.

Thanks. It's too early to form an opinion because the fallout from this whole situation hasn't fully settled. Only time will tell how this event will affect Russia economically in the long run. They've pulled a hail mary with the value of the ruble, but overall GDP is way down and they are killing more Gen Z's than the Tide Pod challenge. One thing is certain, if Putin fails to capture Ukraine the long-term effects on Russia will be fairly devastating. The justification for this spending remains to be seen as I stated previously.
Where did i refer to the CURRENT administration? The inhumane taxation system, under whose yoke we live did not come about in 2021. Wake up.

Yeah, miles. Incarceration rates, wealth gap, ancient infrastructure in the most powerful country on the planet, one of the shittiest education systems. Nautical miles, yes.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
You guys sense some “Magic” in the air?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
More fake patriots. They all voted to send money to Ukraine.
I’m getting emails from both democrat and republican senators asking me to send my personal income to Ukraine. How out of touch can you be? You already spent my unborn grandchildren’s money on your oligarch banker war.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT