GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
The Western Europeans (ie - now the EU) have been living far too long on the hard earned WWII and Cold War peace dividend. Trump was a total moron and a criminal, but he wasn't completely wrong that NATO countries were investing far too little in defense spending. Now, I suppose Trump did this in order to cause division in NATO and not to actually HELP NATO, but none the less, he wasn't wrong.

Sweden and Finland need to join NATO... and I think, esp Finland, knows this. Not that you could EVER trust Russia, but you esp can't Trust Russia under Putin - esp at this point in history. I'm not sure how many people even realize the Russians annexed part of Finland. Also, the Germans (who only donated non-lethal supplies such as friggin helmets at the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine) need to remember that their country once had a brick wall through the Eastern half of it and was inhabited by Russians.

All of that said, the Ukranian leadership has been rather dumb leading up to this war. Think about it, you have a hostile country like Russia on your border that's already invaded Crimea, multiple statements from Putin suggesting that he wants to rebuild the USSR, and Putin's buddying up with Xi (who is one of the world's other biggest pieces of human garbage). Ukrainian leadership should have better prepared for this, including mandatory universal military conscription and (even though I'm not a huge 2A whacko), Ukraine should have pushed to get guns in the hands of their population (a la Switzerland) to be in a better position if Russia did invade. Instead, Zelensky, who I really like, spent weeks berating Biden and the US intelligence community for warning that Russia was planning to invade - imminently (after the Xi's olympics had ended). They should have been better prepared... but that's water under the blown-up bridge, now.

Oh, and the people posting in that Scamdemic thread, are a bunch of Putin-loving traitors.

New guy coming in hot. 🤣

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The Western Europeans (ie - now the EU) have been living far too long on the hard earned WWII and Cold War peace dividend. Trump was a total moron and a criminal, but he wasn't completely wrong that NATO countries were investing far too little in defense spending. Now, I suppose Trump did this in order to cause division in NATO and not to actually HELP NATO, but none the less, he wasn't wrong.

Sweden and Finland need to join NATO... and I think, esp Finland, knows this. Not that you could EVER trust Russia, but you esp can't Trust Russia under Putin - esp at this point in history. I'm not sure how many people even realize the Russians annexed part of Finland. Also, the Germans (who only donated non-lethal supplies such as friggin helmets at the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine) need to remember that their country once had a brick wall through the Eastern half of it and was inhabited by Russians.

All of that said, the Ukranian leadership has been rather dumb leading up to this war. Think about it, you have a hostile country like Russia on your border that's already invaded Crimea, multiple statements from Putin suggesting that he wants to rebuild the USSR, and Putin's buddying up with Xi (who is one of the world's other biggest pieces of human garbage). Ukrainian leadership should have better prepared for this, including mandatory universal military conscription and (even though I'm not a huge 2A whacko), Ukraine should have pushed to get guns in the hands of their population (a la Switzerland) to be in a better position if Russia did invade. Instead, Zelensky, who I really like, spent weeks berating Biden and the US intelligence community for warning that Russia was planning to invade - imminently (after the Xi's olympics had ended). They should have been better prepared... but that's water under the blown-up bridge, now.

Oh, and the people posting in that Scamdemic thread, are a bunch of Putin-loving traitors.

New guy coming in hot. 🤣

LEEEEEEEERROYYYY JENKINS!!!!!!.... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Certainly different to the usual stuff from new members.....i.e. either shy or spam....🤷‍♂️

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So now the Russians have left the area around Chernobyl, there's been time to do a stock take....

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...ars-ago-12541713?postid=3701297#liveblog-body

Quote:-
Ukraine claims Russian troops stole radioactive substances from research laboratories in Chernobyl that could be lethal.

In a Facebook post, Ukraine's State Agency for Managing the Exclusion Zone said Russian soldiers had entered a storage area and taken 133 radioactive substances.

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant was under Russian control for some weeks from late February, but the site was recently handed back to Ukraine.

The agency said: "Even a small portion of this activity is deadly dangerous when unprofessional and uncontrollable behaviour with it."

A statement added that the location of this material is unknown.

Meanwhile, those at Chernobyl said two offices and a laboratory inside the nuclear power plant were "looted and destroyed" by Russian force
s.

cb1111

T
So now the Russians have left the area around Chernobyl, there's been time to do a stock take....

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...ars-ago-12541713?postid=3701297#liveblog-body

Quote:-
Ukraine claims Russian troops stole radioactive substances from research laboratories in Chernobyl that could be lethal.

In a Facebook post, Ukraine's State Agency for Managing the Exclusion Zone said Russian soldiers had entered a storage area and taken 133 radioactive substances.

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant was under Russian control for some weeks from late February, but the site was recently handed back to Ukraine.

The agency: "Even a small portion of this activity is deadly dangerous when unprofessional and uncontrollable behaviour with it."

A statement added that the location of this material is unknown.

Meanwhile, those at Chernobyl said two offices and a laboratory inside the nuclear power plant were "looted and destroyed" by Russian force
s.
This is great news. Hopefully, they dragged the stuff back to Moscow and showed it to Putin "Hey, boss, look what we found. This stuff glows in the dark"

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So yesterday (Saturday) Serbia just took delivery of a nice anti-aircraft missile system...

Made & delivered by China, who flew 6 Chinese air force "Y-20" transport planes over NATO countries (at least Bulgaria) to make the delivery ..

Serbia takes delivery of advanced Chinese anti-aircraft missile system (msn.com)

So which NATO county should & will shoot down these military planes then in future??

Or is Serbia really cosying up to Putin & will declare war??

Cuba anyone???....

cb1111

So yesterday (Saturday) Serbia just took delivery of a nice anti-aircraft missile system...

Made & delivered by China, who flew 6 Chinese air force "Y-20" transport planes over NATO countries (at least Bulgaria) to make the delivery ..

Serbia takes delivery of advanced Chinese anti-aircraft missile system (msn.com)

So which NATO county should & will shoot down these military planes then in future??

Or is Serbia really cosying up to Putin & will declare war??

Cuba anyone???....
Depends how the overflights were declared. NATO aircraft routinely fly over Swiss and Austrian airspace.