GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What’s for dinner tonight?

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Spaghetti con Acciughe. Whole wheat spaghetti combined with anchovies, garlic, onion, olive oil, tomato paste, golden raisins, parsley, lemon, and pine nuts.
1647604640230.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What will probably be some disappointing Sweet and Sour Mango Chicken Tacos with some delicious blackberry berliner weisse courtesy of @dtfd!

20220404_191807.jpg

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Was a couple Fridays ago.

Started it at 11pm. Grill was at 195 using the snake method 2x2. Brisket got to 162 at 645am.
Wrapped it in foil. Got the grill up to 250. But 1145, it was at 205. Took it out and let it rest for 3 hours. Was awesome.

Only thing I'd do differently is leave more fat on the flat and possibly do 2x3 to get temp to 230 or so.

20220319_145300.jpg

Attachments

• 20220319_145144.jpg
    20220319_145144.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 189

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Was a couple Fridays ago.

Started it at 11pm. Grill was at 195 using the snake method 2x2. Brisket got to 162 at 645am.
Wrapped it in foil. Got the grill up to 250. But 1145, it was at 205. Took it out and let it rest for 3 hours. Was awesome.

Only thing I'd do differently is leave more fat on the flat and possibly do 2x3 to get temp to 230 or so.

View attachment 245130
What grill do you have?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What grill do you have?
Just a cheap charcoal grill. Don't even know what brand. I've just sealed all the gaps with high temp silicone and tape so I can smoke or grill with it. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done.

Edit: It's a Char Griller 33 from Lowes. Used Lavalock RTV 650 in all the Gaps. Lavalock grey gasket tape around the lid.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Mrs Mud scored a bnls leg of lamb for Easter.

It's gonna be marinated in balsamic with rosemary and garlic. butterflied, grilled and served with garlic/herbed orzo, grilled veg (peppers/onions/asparagus) and my amazing carrot cake.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Mrs Mud scored a bnls leg of lamb for Easter.

It's gonna be marinated in balsamic with rosemary and garlic. butterflied, grilled and served with garlic/herbed orzo, grilled veg (peppers/onions/asparagus) and my amazing carrot cake.
Mud, I've seen the pictures you take. I don't take good pictures, but yours are absolutely horrible. Nevertheless, the whole point of this thread is to post pictures of food, not just write about it. So, post some pics; regardless of how bad they are.

Last edited: