GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@Corprin what is your take on the Stinger missiles and anti tank missiles that are defensive weapons being deployed albeit too slowly?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Screenshot_20220227-215452.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
@Corprin what is your take on the Stinger missiles and anti tank missiles that are defensive weapons being deployed albeit too slowly?

They’ve had a ton of each for weeks now. Not seeing many employed. Seems like someone is waiting for something. 🤷‍♂️

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I respect your opinion so feel free to speculate what they're waiting for. Is the worry that if the Stinger and anti tank missiles were used Putin would go over the edge and use nuclear weapons?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I respect your opinion so feel free to speculate what they're waiting for. Is the worry that if the Stinger and anti tank missiles were used Putin would go over the edge and use nuclear weapons?

Not a bit. Ukraine has been using Jav’s since 2018, and has domestic and imported man-portable ATGMs. Same with MANPADS, they’ve had them for years… they just got a whole lot more and are well trained on their use. Likely what they waxed that Chechnyan column with.

As for Putin… no clue. I’m more familiar with troops on the ground. The wack jobs at the top were far less stable and/or predictable. 🤣

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@Corprin ,@cb1111 ,@anotero and anyone else I left out. From what I'm reading and hearing on TV our anti tank missiles and Stinger missiles are far superior to anything Russia has. So is the fear that if we use these weapons to stop the attacks is Putin crazy enough to use nuclear weapons knowing he can't win with conventional weapons and then would be forced to save face by overwhelming Ukraine with nuclear weapons?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
@Corprin ,@cb1111 ,@anotero and anyone else I left out. From what I'm reading and hearing on TV our anti tank missiles and Stinger missiles are far superior to anything Russia has. So is the fear that if we use these weapons to stop the attacks is Putin crazy enough to use nuclear weapons knowing he can't win with conventional weapons and then would be forced to save face by overwhelming Ukraine with nuclear weapons?
Stingers have been around for decades, the taliban daddies used them agaisnt the Soviets in the 80s. Nothing special about them. Same as there's nothing overwhelmingly special about those anti-tank systems compared to what the Russians have. Neither can physically change the course of events on the battlefield.
Russian nuclear doctrine is not about saving face, although it is sometimes fun to think those Russian barbarians are just that -- crazy barbarians. Neither the first time, nor the last.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Stingers have been around for decades, the taliban daddies used them agaisnt the Soviets in the 80s. Nothing special about them. Same as there's nothing overwhelmingly special about those anti-tank systems compared to what the Russians have. Neither can physically change the course of events on the battlefield.
Russian nuclear doctrine is not about saving face, although it is sometimes fun to think those Russian barbarians are just that -- crazy barbarians. Neither the first time, nor the last.
Don't know why they make it sound like the weapons are superior and my lack of knowledge is affecting my judgement about them.( They actually just mentioned it as I was typing this) I guess the bottom line is if Putin can see that he's going to lose does he believe the only way out is nuclear. I just wish they would quit talking about how improved those weapons are giving me potentially false impressions about how I think the outcome could be.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Don't know why they make it sound like the weapons are superior and my lack of knowledge is affecting my judgement about them.( They actually just mentioned it as I was typing this) I guess the bottom line is if Putin can see that he's going to lose does he believe the only way out is nuclear. I just wish they would quit talking about how improved those weapons are giving me potentially false impressions about how I think the outcome could be.
Everyone likes to talk about how great their weapons are. Remember, most folks on TV don't know shit about shit, they just read what someone else told them to read.
Did Stingers help kick the Soviets out of Afghan? No. Will they help now? No.
The Russians will win this military campaign. If you somewhat follow the reporting from the south and south-east theaters, you'll be more aware of the progress -- more reporting comes from there due to the rebels having a lot of war reporters with them.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Everyone likes to talk about how great their weapons are. Remember, most folks on TV don't know shit about shit, they just read what someone else told them to read.
Did Stingers help kick the Soviets out of Afghan? No. Will they help now? No.
The Russians will win this military campaign. If you somewhat follow the reporting from the south and south-east theaters, you'll be more aware of the progress -- more reporting comes from there due to the rebels having a lot of war reporters with them.

Yet here you are doing the same thing.

I’ll refrain from commenting on your clear lack of knowledge regarding weapon systems, doctrine, and tactics. I don’t want to turn this into another troll fest. Please, if you don’t have factual knowledge to present, take it back to the scamdemic.

Reactions: WAP

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

I’ll refrain from commenting on your clear lack of knowledge regarding weapon systems, doctrine, and tactics. I don’t want to turn this into another troll fest. Please, if you don’t have factual knowledge to present, take it back to the scamdemic.

Based on what you've been writing here, I can say the same thing about you.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I know that you weren't talking to me. And I admit my lack of knowledge and it frustrates me. I hate seeing what is going on and I understand I don't have the facts etc that I need to form more educated opinions. There's so much I don't understand. Like why Biden isn't playing hardball with Putin. It looks like some of our allies are doing more to help.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Based on what you've been writing here, I can say the same thing about you.
What I didn't want to do was have you guys argue about this. I just wanted knowledge so I can understand the situation better.