GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
20220227_084820.jpg

Well.

Turns out getting the TV out of the box and onto the console solo was actually pretty difficult.

Got it done tho 😄

Doable: certainly.

Smart: uh...no

Gonna have to mount it on the wall eventually anyway since it takes up the entire top of the console. 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Your water isn't 88* without heating is it? Mine was in the 60's this time of year in AZ without heating.

No, with heating. Feels amazing when it's in the 50's or 60's outside.

You have to aerate the pool in summer to bring the trmps down, it'll end up like bath water.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
View attachment 240690

Well.

Turns out getting the TV out of the box and onto the console solo was actually pretty difficult.

Got it done tho 😄

Doable: certainly.

Smart: uh...no

Gonna have to mount it on the wall eventually anyway since it takes up the entire top of the console. 😂
I killed my 65” Sony OLED by not waiting for help. Still hurts.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I killed my 65” Sony OLED by not waiting for help. Still hurts.
Yeah, it was -just- small enough for me to pick up. It weighs nothing, it's just you can't grip the top of it hard and you can't initially get under it easily.

With another person involved it would be effortless.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
3 hours for a downpipe and oem location intercooler install on a mk7 R. Might be a new record for me
Might have to take you up on intercooler sometime, i fucking hate removing the whole front assembly. Takes me 4-5 hours lol

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
The German lords are paying me back today for going so quick yesterday. Trying to get my steering wheel airbag out and it won't budge. Been trying for almost an hour, I don't get it...I've done this on other cars before in ~2 mins but mine won't move 🤬

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
The original flat screen TV were hilarious.

30 inch TVs weighing hundreds of pounds and so awkward to lift I'm sure a least a few people were seriously injured by them.
All that and OEM's were pushing ceiling mounted tv's above the bed as being a good idea. Even as a little kid I knew the idea of sleeping underneath a heavy TV was a terrible idea. It's like a modern-day tale of the sword of Damocles. I don't even have that level of trust in myself to succeed. Let alone a Chinesium bracket installed by a Geek Squad employee armed with only a GED and a general knowledge of power tools.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The German lords are paying me back today for going so quick yesterday. Trying to get my steering wheel airbag out and it won't budge. Been trying for almost an hour, I don't get it...I've done this on other cars before in ~2 mins but mine won't move 🤬

It must be an MK6 thing. When I was helping a buddy change the clockspring on his MK6, we fought with that fucking air bag & cover for over an hour. It wouldn't budge. After an hour of one of us prying down on the clip with a screw driver, and the other pulling on the cover as hard as we could (hoping the shit didn't explode in our faces), we finally got it off.

My MK7, I can get off in about 15 seconds...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Such a pain in the ass

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Its def a pain to do sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.