GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Juliana Pena comment

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Anyone else hear this?

Apparently everyone is up and arms about it. I'm with her. It's not the same. She actually gave birth, had chaos with her hormones, retained a shit tonne of water, probably was not able to train for over a year, went on a hormone roller coaster. Not taking away from the whole nurture side of the argument, but it's not the same.

Thoughts?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Anyone else hear this?

Apparently everyone is up and arms about it. I'm with her. It's not the same. She actually gave birth, had chaos with her hormones, retained a shit tonne of water, probably was not able to train for over a year, went on a hormone roller coaster. Not taking away from the whole nurture side of the argument, but it's not the same.

Thoughts?
Didn't hear about that but I agree with her after beating Nunes. Do you know if there was a rematch clause in their contract? Not so sure it would go the same way next time. I think she completely surprised Nunes.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Pena will beat Nunes again.

She took some tough shots in the first round and weathered the storm. Nunes was gassed after that because she isn't hungry anymore and had been getting by on aura.

Just like Rousey, Nunes has cultivated an aura of invincibility through her dominance. That aura alone is enough to beat lesser fighters. They come in scared, eat some strong shots right after the bell, and then fold up immediately.

With her Aura broken the only way she can regain dominance is to get hungry, but that isn't gonna happen. After the fight Nunes is like "yeah, I wasn't surprised. " She's honest at least.

On topic: Pretty sure the disrespect in her statement isn't intentional. She sounds proud of having endured pregnancy more than she's taking a shot at Nunes.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Pena will beat Nunes again.

She took some tough shots in the first round and weathered the storm. Nunes was gassed after that because she isn't hungry anymore and had been getting by on aura.

Just like Rousey, Nunes has cultivated an aura of invincibility through her dominance. That aura alone is enough to beat lesser fighters. They come in scared, eat some strong shots right after the bell, and then fold up immediately.

With her Aura broken the only way she can regain dominance is to get hungry, but that isn't gonna happen. After the fight Nunes is like "yeah, I wasn't surprised. " She's honest at least.

On topic: Pretty sure the disrespect in her statement isn't intentional. She sounds proud of having endured pregnancy more than she's taking a shot at Nunes.
Fully agree with everything you said.