• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Why luckily no? This dude murders anything that comes onto the property and I love him for it: two skunks, possum, and a coyote.

View attachment 231864

Because if he killed a rat my wife would freak tf out about how he probably now has 16 different diseases from having a dead rat in his mouth, and while I'd have one less rat I'd also have a $300 ER vet bill from her bringing him in for us to be told he's fine and doesn't now have rabies, scabies, the bubonic plague, Spanish bird flu, mad cow disease, SARS, Spice Girl Mania, scurvy, Covid 1 through 18, rubella, and whatever else she'd imagine he could catch from that horrible experience.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Dude, don't get me started on rodents. We have a rat problem, which is luckily contained outside. There hasn't been a single sign of them inside. And it's a fucking shitty situation all around. Our neighbors on the side of us are peak white trash. Nice, friendly people. But trashy as fuck. They have a garbage pile on the side of their house, next to a section of fencing that borders our property.

View attachment 231845

Red is a fence, green is a garbage pile. Like, straight up garbage pile.

View attachment 231847

Just an example of it. That was how it was a year ago. They do get a dumpster and clear it out maybe twice a year. But it just comes back.

Anyway. Rodents. Of course that brought rats. Who migrated over to my property. They've burrowed under the stairs at the rear of my house, which are concrete. As well as burrowing underneath the platform my shed is on, and my A/C. For a while, I was using basic snap traps, and killing 10+ rats a week. But they wizened up and stopped going in them. But I can tell they're still there. Fill in their burrows, they'll re-dig them out.

And dude. They can fucking TUNNEL! I mean, straight up Shawshank Redemption style.

View attachment 231848

That blue section used to have some burrows. Dug them up. Behind that fence right there is where the A\C & shed are. They tunneled 10' feet, and came out there. I used my 6' borescope in that tunnel, and didn't even get close to the end.

I'd be willing to pay for an exterminator. But without the source being fixed (the neighbors), I doubt it's effectiveness. I've spoken to the neighbors (we're on "friendly" terms), and it just gets shrugged off "Yeah, heh. I need to get a dumpster again." I've reported it to the state, multiple times. They're just white trash.

So yes. The fucking joys of homeownership rofl.
Get a few barn cats

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Now my wife came from the orthodontist with my daughter. She summarized it as "her teeth are jacked" which was a pretty accurate summary. She needs a partial set of braces now, and will need a full set and probably palate expander when she gets a little older. Partial set will go in later this month, and is only $1,100 after insurance pays for half of it.

Between needing a new windshield and now this, this day got pretty expensive fast lol. Not how I expected today to go at all lol.
is a palate expander one of the foreign cookbooks?
Had a day like that last week. I saw a mouse in my garage which is unacceptable so I spent a while figuring out where it got in, found a very small gap at the garage door frame so I sprayed some loctite insulation foam to seal it up. Well that shit expands a ton and adhered to the side of the garage door. It adheres very strong and when I opened the garage door, it held that side down while the other side went up. Garage door ripped out of the channels entirely. I wrestled with it trying to support the door and line it back up in the channels for over an hour but it wasn't happening. Had to call an emergency repair service, 2 hours and $600 later I was sorted out.
that stuff is nasty (or good).
We have city trash. One big trash bin, two big recycling bins, picked up weekly.

We have 3 people in our house. It's a decent size for that. Even then, I wish there was more storage space.

Their house is the same size as ours, just a mirror copy.

They have 7 people in their. They just produce more trash than can be hauled out weekly.
I hope they leave soon. Trashy neighbors suck.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
So, it happened again. Was heading into work around 6AM going 52 in a 45 zone. Cop gets right on my ass and flashes his blues briefly. I take the hint, and lower my speed to 49, and set CC. Cop proceeds to stay glued to my bumper (a car length, or less) for miles on a four lane road, in the dark with his headlights blasting in my rear window, until I finally have to make a left and he keeps going.

WTF? Is this some kind of power-play, intimidation tactic? Are they taught this in BLET? It's completely unnecessary, and completely unsafe. I was tempted to call 911 to report the activity, but then I'd have Raleigh PD harassing me every single time they spotted me on the road. It's a shitty situation...

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So, it happened again. Was heading into work around 6AM going 52 in a 45 zone. Cop gets right on my ass and flashes his blues briefly. I take the hint, and lower my speed to 49, and set CC. Cop proceeds to stay glued to my bumper (a car length, or less) for miles on a four lane road, in the dark with his headlights blasting in my rear window, until I finally have to make a left and he keeps going.

WTF? Is this some kind of power-play, intimidation tactic? Are they taught this in BLET? It's completely unnecessary, and completely unsafe. I was tempted to call 911 to report the activity, but then I'd have Raleigh PD harassing me every single time they spotted me on the road. It's a shitty situation...
If it's light out when they're doing this you can usually see them using the computer to run your plates. If your record is clean they just keep driving.

Otherwise, they tailgate to intimidate. If someone gets nervous and doesn't use a turn signal or makes some other minor mistake they now have justification for a stop.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Call and ask in a general sense if that is the tactic they use to warn then passively harass the populace?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Set up rear facing camera
downshift into 2nd, wait 1/2 second, jam on brakes (because of dog or deer?)
profit
That thought crossed my mind, too, LOL. I have an M1 dash cam that I can flip around... ;)

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Call and ask in a general sense if that is the tactic they use to warn then passively harass the populace?
Exactly! I just don't get it. I even thought at first, that he/she was a cool-headed LEO, just flashing the blues as a "heads up" instead of just pulling me outright. But then, the relentless tailgating that ensued erased that concept from my mind. People wonder why police in general have a respect problem in the eyes of the community...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Exactly! I just don't get it. I even thought at first, that he/she was a cool-headed LEO, just flashing the blues as a "heads up" instead of just pulling me outright. But then, the relentless tailgating that ensued erased that concept from my mind. People wonder why police in general have a respect problem in the eyes of the community...
Police officers today are the kids who got picked on in high school so now it's their turn.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Police officers today are the kids who got picked on in high school so now it's their turn.
You're probably right! Reminds me of the scene in Garden State, when Zach Braff's character gets pulled over by an old classmate who's now a cop, and he asks him if he was intimidated...LOL!

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Probably just pissed off a customer with my reply. His last couple messages came across as an ultimatum, but I can't make it happen. Told him we can do 1 other option or I can give him his money back. Kinda hope he asks for the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.